Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

4.1.22 android

For what it's worth. I just went to Google play and did a refresh and 4.1.22 is now showing up on the Google play store. Coincidence? Hmm. Either way it's there so hopefully everyone can now confirm this.

I haven't gotten a chance to freeze my butt off outside yet :)

Ok I found the 4.1.22 version on the download apk site. Installed it but haven't tested the OTG with it. I'm not going to have high hopes but we will see. If not 4.1.15 it will be then. Sigh.

Where you able to test out 4.1.22 with the DJi Go App 4.1.15 ? If so what are the results. Thanks

Where you able to test out 4.1.22 with the DJi Go App 4.1.15 ? If so what are the results. Thanks
Well not so good. 4.1.22 definitely still doesn't show the telemetry.
Tested a couple times with both the 4.1.22 on the apk sites and the one from Google Play store just in case.

Installed 4.1.15 and it works wonderfully.

Sigh

Well not so good. 4.1.22 definitely still doesn't show the telemetry.
Tested a couple times with both the 4.1.22 on the apk sites and the one from Google Play store just in case.

Installed 4.1.15 and it works wonderfully.

Sigh

Thanks my friend for the update

There are three different versions of the 4.1.15, which one shall we download?

I too didn't know which one to install so I went for the one with the higher number, the 3027412. All is good on my P9 Lite 5.5"

Unfortunately the 4.1.22 does nothing to fix the otg telemetry issue so looks like it's now gone for good seriously limiting the use of the spark and as I'm within the time limit set by the place I purchased it from I will be returning the spark as not fit for the purpose it's sold for, it can not reach anywhere near the distance advertised in the UK as WiFi is not useable over 30 meters away without the video feed becoming disconnected. It's such a shame I really liked the drone but over £550 for what is no more use than a £100 drone from gearbest is a joke.
Ummm... The wifi limitation dies not apply to this scenario. Elimination of the OTG cable means you have to use wifi between your smart device and the controller. That's a few inches/centimeters distance at all times.

Don't get me wrong: I sorely miss OTG function too. But let's not confuse the facts, or return something due to lack of understanding.

Unfortunately the 4.1.22 does nothing to fix the otg telemetry issue so looks like it's now gone for good seriously limiting the use of the spark and as I'm within the time limit set by the place I purchased it from I will be returning the spark as not fit for the purpose it's sold for, it can not reach anywhere near the distance advertised in the UK as WiFi is not useable over 30 meters away without the video feed becoming disconnected. It's such a shame I really liked the drone but over £550 for what is no more use than a £100 drone from gearbest is a joke.
Yes the update is available for android.. i think it is released today.. but ur are right mate they are killing the purpose spark atleast it should go 1000 meters... and OTG should not be the only option to go beyond limits.. when we are buying RC the signal must be strong enough to support 1000 meters... i dont know why DJI is restricting range..

Yes the update is available for android.. i think it is released today.. but ur are right mate they are killing the purpose spark atleast it should go 1000 meters... and OTG should not be the only option to go beyond limits.. when we are buying RC the signal must be strong enough to support 1000 meters... i dont know why DJI is restricting range..
Bottom line: they are not. OTG does not influence the connection between controller and aircraft.

Reactions: rich777
Bottom line: they are not. OTG does not influence the connection between controller and aircraft.
So what's killing the range if not the OTG? I'm not saying you are wrong but I'd like to really understand this. I know that from experience and not from testing range... I had so many disconnects that it was annoying. Attach the OTG and everything is solid.

So what's killing the range if not the OTG? I'm not saying you are wrong but I'd like to really understand this. I know that from experience and not from testing range... I had so many disconnects that it was annoying. Attach the OTG and everything is solid.

When you use wi-fi to connect to the RC from your phone, it uses 2.4ghz, which means the connection to the Spark from the RC can only be 5.8ghz, which is more limited in range

If you use OTG for hard connection between the phone and RC , then you can use 2.4ghz for the RC to Spark connection

In Europe, some areas don't allow the use of 5.8ghz, so without OTG you can't fly

This is what I understand

Today had release 4.1.2.2 i thoughts that Dji will have something improve otg. however now is All Gone . previously still have battery status . now this also show NA. all is almost invisible.

Today had release 4.1.2.2 i thoughts that Dji will have something improve otg. however now is All Gone . previously still have battery status . now this also show NA. all is almost invisible.

Same here. All is N/A with the new update. Trying now to downgrade again to 4.1.15.

@Droggy wrote in a different post that you can get the older app here DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

There is a whole post about that issue here in the forum.

If it is like this then... what is the reason of blocking OTG?? DJI KNOWS that people are getting extra range that is why they have removed OTG system in newer versions.. but i dont understand why are they limiting range.. and why people has to look for a hack??? This is expensive drone RC should be capable of giving good range.. atleast 1000 meters..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast