Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Advice on OTG

Antiboost

Join
Jul 29, 2021
I have a new OTG cable. It was sold as specific for DJI drone OTG I'm running stock latest firmware. It's micro usb to usb c on phone.
However I'm still having to connect the Spark via WiFi.
I saw a post saying enable usb debugging, but my phone's new on Android 11 and the extra setting didn't match the post.

You need to enable "Developer options" menu first.
Go to settings, tap on "About phone/device".
Then tap on "Build number" multiple times (7~10 times) till a prompt shows up.

Reactions: Spark 317
I thought it was disable USB bugging . WIFI on phone off and be sure the RC is charging your phone and not vice versa

I have a new OTG cable. It was sold as specific for DJI drone OTG I'm running stock latest firmware. It's micro usb to usb c on phone.
However I'm still having to connect the Spark via WiFi.
I saw a post saying enable usb debugging, but my phone's new on Android 11 and the extra setting didn't match the post.

Another bit of information` when using the OTG cable, be sure to disable the Wi-Fi on the device.

Airplane mode may not be enough as some airliners provide a Wi-Fi service during the flight. Airplane mode disables the cellular data stream. Check your device settings to be sure the Wi-Fi is OFF.

The Spark has a sneaky way of connecting to the Wi-Fi even when the cable is connected. At least that has been my experience in the past.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: Engie
Agree with the above post. Often times, airplane mode doesn’t disable WiFi connectivity. Be sure to make sure that your WiFi is disabled before trying to use the OTG cable. I fly mine with the iPhone 12 Pro Max and have zero issues.

Another bit of information` when using the OTG cable, be sure to disable the Wi-Fi on the device.

Airplane mode may not be enough as some airliners provide a Wi-Fi service during the flight. Airplane mode disables the cellular data stream. Check your device settings to be sure the Wi-Fi is OFF.

The Spark has a sneaky way of connecting to the Wi-Fi even when the cable is connected. At least that has been my experience in the past.

Good luck. :)

Hi thanks for that advice that answers my questions on my previous reply.Engie.

Agree with the above post. Often times, airplane mode doesn’t disable WiFi connectivity. Be sure to make sure that your WiFi is disabled before trying to use the OTG cable. I fly mine with the iPhone 12 Pro Max and have zero issues.
Witch cable are you using?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef