Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Am I the oldest drone buyer

I'm only 46 yo. I hope all enjoy the spark! My only advise is to keep it it in beginner mode until you can fine tune your touch on the controls & become confident. Only fly in a wide open space at first. Don't fly indoors (I know it's tempting - wait until you understand 100% manual control)!

I guess I am a kid at heart and couldn’t resist buying the spark to add to my toy list.
It’s been to cold to fly except a brief moment but it has also has given me time to learn.
I am 70.
I guess I am a kid at heart and couldn’t resist buying the spark to add to my toy list.
It’s been to cold to fly except a brief moment but it has also has given me time to learn.
I am 70.
Just turned 70 and love all the technology. I have 3 DJI quads and looking to buy another. Maybe the next DJI bundle will include Geritol

I am 70.
I am a Granny who got my Spark for my 84th birthday from my kids. You have a long way to go to be the oldest Spark pilot. I have been lucky with nice weather on the central Calif coast so am learning. I am finding the learning curve rather steep however.

Way to go Granny and your kids sound very smart.
Your right about the learning curve,just start out slow and keep it in beginners mode till you feel more comfortable.

Granny - I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying your spark. Mine was a gift from my kids also. I too am taking it slow but gaining confidence. This is a wonderful hobby for us seniors. We both raised great kids.

thanks friends for the encouragement. I am working on making Sparky fly in a circle ... I can do squares and rectangles but am having trouble rounding the corners using first person.

Granny - I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying your spark. Mine was a gift from my kids also. I too am taking it slow but gaining confidence. This is a wonderful hobby for us seniors. We both raised great kids.
Indeed ... a wonderful hobby and great kids (adults in their 50's now)

I am a retired teenager and will be 77 on 23rd March so that makes me the oldest here. Have had DJI SPARK drone since last August and the MAVIC AIR for a month.

Reactions: ELD.visuals
Sorry but at 84 I have 8 years on you. You have been flying longer, however. I just started last month with my "lava red" Spark.

Last edited:
Reactions: mano
Ho ho ho ...
How old can we be to use a drone? So i hope for everybody that he/she could do as long as the fingers can use the Remotecontrol[emoji16]
Feel free to fly every day...

Reactions: lightbg
Sorry but at 84 I have 8 years on you. You have been flying longer, however. I just started last month with my "lava red" Spark.
Well done. Was the oldest for a few hours. There is still a SPARK in both of us. Have fun flying.

I am 70.
Seventy years YOUNG, apparently! You do have me beaten, sir. Happy flying, be safe.

Reactions: Will P.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe