Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Am I the oldest drone buyer

I guess I am a kid at heart and couldn’t resist buying the spark to add to my toy list.
It’s been to cold to fly except a brief moment but it has also has given me time to learn.
I am 70.
Hi,
We were in Georgia over the holidays and I acquired a Spark as a present to myself. I enjoyed how much fun it is to fly. I certainly don’t feel 75, but I am. Returning home to New Jersey I’ve found that the cold weather along with the multple no fly zones make drone flying a challenge that I intend to battle when the weather warms up.
Enjoy your flights!

I guess I am a kid at heart and couldn’t resist buying the spark to add to my toy list.
It’s been too cold to fly except a brief moment but it has also has given me time to learn.
I am 70.

Guess not Playthru, I'm also 75. :D I haven't flown yet either. Still researching and the weather's been bad. There's lots to learn before I take off.
I'm glad I live out-of-town in the Texas Hill Country (AKA God's Country). Of course, it will be much easier to lose my baby bird amongst the cedar and live oak.
Don...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiller and Playthru
Know what you mean...must go the wife might spot the glow of my iPad under the duvet...

Reactions: Kulu
It’s been to cold to fly except a brief moment but it has also has given me time to learn.
I am 70.

You make me proud!

I’m a 60-year-old techie who is moving into the world of commercial drone operations in the Denver area. You’ve got me beat by 10 years, and I’m impressed!

Steve

69 years here. I love flying my Spark. I’ve had it since July with no problems. I use WiFi no OTG, keep software and firmware up to date and have an IPhone 6s. I fly almost daily. It keeps me young.

I am 70.
No Playthru you are not the oldest I will turn 73 March 1st and I own a P4, Mavic and a Spark and will use Final Cut X to edit videos.

I went to Best Buy today and they had a tag with Mavic Pro with controller for $899 with a $100 gift card.
It was not supposed to be on sale but they did not remove the tag so I picked one up for that price.
The manager promptly removed the tags because the sale was over.
I haven’t really flown the spark yet but I think I got a deal.

Reactions: ELD.visuals
Smooth move!. . . but you are probably now on some kind of list at Best Buy. Good luck with you’re drones!

Reactions: Don Bomer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme