Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Buying a used drone. Problems.

sam_drango

Join
Oct 21, 2019
Loc
Brazil
Hey. I bought a used drone on ebay. The seller sent me a flight video and logs. Everything was great. Today I got a drone and was upset. Cherse 10-15 seconds after takeoff, a compass error appears and the drone enters atti mode. Always like this. What should I do? The teacher says that everything was fine and I’m a liar.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland sam_drango.

Have you tried to calibrate the compass and IMU via the Go4 app?

I have read positive reports on this item.

Cfixer.

It comes with a 30 day refund period if it doesn't repair the problem.

The GPS board may need to be replaced if the above suggestions don't work for you.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. ?

Reactions: I B Spectre
Things that might contribute to compass error: taking off from a surface near ferrous metals (most concrete structures have steel rebar embedded in them), having the drone exposed to magnetic fields (high power electrical lines, stored or shipped in a metallic environment). If you try to calibrate the Spark compass, make sure you're clear of anything that might contain ferrous metals or electrical cables. Several members have reported compass issues lately and didn't know if they would have to send their Spark in for repair/replacement of the compass module. Probably wouldn't hurt to calibrate the IMU as well in case it and the compass have a miscompare.id, if it doesn't correct the issue, you may be able to return it for a refund.

This thread sounds very similar to your issue: Compass error after 15 seconds

Reactions: sam_drango

Cfixer.

The GPS board may need to be replaced if the above suggestions don't work for you.

No. I did not calibrate. The drone did not ask for sensor calibration. I'll do the calibration tomorrow after work. I will write if this helps

Things that might contribute to compass error: taking off from a surface near ferrous metals (most concrete structures have steel rebar embedded in them), having the drone exposed to magnetic fields (high power electrical lines, stored or shipped in a metallic environment). If you try to calibrate the Spark compass, make sure you're clear of anything that might contain ferrous metals or electrical cables. Several members have reported compass issues lately and didn't know if they would have to send their Spark in for repair/replacement of the compass module. Probably wouldn't hurt to calibrate the IMU as well in case it and the compass have a miscompare.id, if it doesn't correct the issue, you may be able to return it for a refund.

I will take into account factors affecting the calibration.I'll do the calibration tomorrow after work.

Cfixer.

Calibration did not help. Tell me what to do next ? Cfixer - expensive device. Did you use it?

Calibration did not help. Tell me what to do next.

Calibration did not help. Tell me what to do next ? Cfixer - expensive device. Did you use it?

No, I have not used it, I just know about it.

You might check with a hobby or electronic shop that repairs stuff. They may have one to use for a fee.

Reactions: I B Spectre
Did you consider a Paypal dispute?
99.9% always goes in buyers favour.
If you get documentation from a registered repair shop and the item doesn't match the description ebay and paypal will stand behind you.

If you get documentation from a registered repair shop and the item doesn't match the description ebay and paypal will stand behind you.
I got my drone back. I paid only for the shipping cost. The guys demagnetized the compass of my drone. Now everything is fine. The seller returned the money to me (money for delivery to the service and back)

I got my drone back. I paid only for the shipping cost. The guys demagnetized the compass of my drone. Now everything is fine. The seller returned the money to me (money for delivery to the service and back)

Fantastic!

I'm glad to hear you are up and running again.

And no cost to you.

Sweeeeet! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast