Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Connect to Spark and Internet Simultaneously For Sat Maps and Live Stream, How?

Pappy

Join
Aug 4, 2017
I know the map has a satellite overlay and the app supports live streaming to Facebook and YouTube, but both of these require an Internet connection. The only way I have successfully made such a connection is by connecting my phone to the RC via an OTG cable and then have the wifi or cell (LTE) connected to the Internet. Since OTG is officially unsupported by DJI, how in the world does DJI expect you to make these connections (Spark <-> Phone <-> Internet)?

PS - My phone doesn't support bridging across wifi and cell data.

Use an ios device with wifi and LTE, that's probably what they expect.

I use my Google Pixel XL phone connected to my spark via wifi or OTG cable, and the phone automatically uses its mobile data to power maps and satellite overlay, works marvellously!

Thanks for confirming the SAT overlay and live streaming is dependent on the device used with the Go 4 app, at least officially. For phones not supporting this feature the unoffical OTG connection is your only option.

Android does let you use LTE when connected to wifi. To find this feature you have to access “developer options”. To do this for the first time do the following:
  1. Go to “Settings” and tap on “About Device” located at the end.
  2. In “About Device”, scroll down to the end and you will see “Build number” option.
  3. Tap on “Build number” option 7 times and you will be notified that the developer options are enabled.
  4. Now go back into settings and you will find “developers options”
  5. switch on the”mobile data always active” toggle
  6. Fly like the wind
  7. This feature might take away from your data plan after you’re done, so you may want to toggle it back off after you’re done flying.

Android does let you use LTE when connected to wifi. To find this feature you have to access “developer options”. To do this for the first time do the following:
  1. Go to “Settings” and tap on “About Device” located at the end.
  2. In “About Device”, scroll down to the end and you will see “Build number” option.
  3. Tap on “Build number” option 7 times and you will be notified that the developer options are enabled.
  4. Now go back into settings and you will find “developers options”
  5. switch on the”mobile data always active” toggle
  6. Fly like the wind
  7. This feature might take away from your data plan after you’re done, so you may want to toggle it back off after you’re done flying.
Didn't work unfortunately on my Samsung S8. The option sounds more like it keep powered the cellular part but it don't use it.

Need to dig in the WiFi and connection settings, some phones have features called things like "Wifi+", "data booster", "download booster", "data saver" or such that control the way the phone selects between available connections and allowing to prioritize use of cell network for performance or avoid it completely as soon as a WiFi network is connected for data savings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme