Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Decided to become a Mavic pilot.

WillemH

Join
May 30, 2017
Today I cancelled my Spark flymore combo order. After all reviews and especially the WiFi range problems, i decided all the spark has going for me are the small size and lower price.
I think everytime i lose signal, i woud be hating myself for not buying a mavic pro.
Wish you all good luck with your Sparks.

Reactions: Sparkbart
That's the beauty of these forms. It creates the right expectations with real reviews and real experiences from real Spark owners. The Mavic Pro is a great drone and its extra expense brings extra value. You'll be happy with your decision.

You know that in America...you're allowed to own two drones. I own both the Mavic and Spark. They're each fun in their own right.

Reactions: Kilrah
My next drone is going to be the Inspire 2, the spark is a way for me to learn about drones etc.. with something that's not so expensive and intimidating.

Don’t dismiss the Spark so quickly. The range is decent, you can easily get more than a mile in FCC mode, the size is perfect, and the noise levels are low enough to rarely attract attention. Don’t think of it as a cheaper drone, since most of us buy numerous batteries to compensate for the shorter flight time. The public are generally not drone friendly, but they are overwhelmingly Spark friendly. Having said all that, the Mavic Platinum Pro is pretty amazing too.

Having both, IF I had to choose only one drone it would easily be the Mavic. It seems thats the position the OP is in. For the few hundred dollars more for a Mavic it is way more capable.

The extended flight times, the better handling in winds, the better camera, the portable size makes the Mavic a great choice. Sure the Spark takes up less space overall but is it the right drone to take with you. My Mavic folded with all the support gear takes up some space, but not a whole lot more in a back pack.

I took my Spark with me to visit family. It did a great job and did everything I needed within the parameters of the Spark. The Mavic allows you to do alot more...

Don’t dismiss the Spark so quickly. The range is decent, you can easily get more than a mile in FCC mode, the size is perfect, and the noise levels are low enough to rarely attract attention. Don’t think of it as a cheaper drone, since most of us buy numerous batteries to compensate for the shorter flight time. The public are generally not drone friendly, but they are overwhelmingly Spark friendly. Having said all that, the Mavic Platinum Pro is pretty amazing too.

I have the Spark, Mavic and an old Phantom 3 and have decided my next will be a Phantom series and drop the Mavic Pro. When the Mavic Pro was released I thought it was a perfect compact drone however for serious video and photography I have found the camera to be lacking, and sure its compact but its ungainly, folding out the legs, looking for a flat surface due to its low ground clearance, insanely fragile gimbal. If you add leg extenders its worse as the props catch on the legs when unfolding. I find the thing a real pain in the arse to be honest ;-)

On the other hand the Spark is built like a brick out house and I am glad they did not fold the arms. You can pull the thing out of a backpack and have it in the air in less than a minute.

And for serious stuff, a Phantom 4, or a 5, I'm in no rush.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex