Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Pilot - says IMU needs calibration but it gets stuck in the first phase

lemieszek

Join
Oct 24, 2019
Hi all!

I just got a Spark last week and am trying DJI Pilot out. I've seen elsewhere that people have used it successfully with the Spark.

I was able to plan my mission just fine and connect to the Spark. I even see the camera. But when I try to launch it, it says IMU needs calibration. I hit next and it gets stuck on the first calibration screen. The progress bar does not budge.

When I go to the DJI Go app, it says IMU is fine, but Pilot says it needs calibrating every time. Even after I've just calibrated on DJI Go (which calibrates as intended).

I've searched this forum and elsewhere to no avail.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland lemieszek.

I don't have the app, but I know some pilots get stuck on step 2 of calibration with the regular GO4 app because the image flashes quickly to rotate the Spark and may not notice it, hence being stuck, waiting for you to rotate the Spark.

Maybe it's something similar?

Pay attention to the DJI logo in the images when calibrating.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

I don't have the app, but I know some pilots get stuck on step 2 of calibration with the regular GO4 app because the image flashes quickly to rotate the Spark and may not notice it, hence being stuck, waiting for you to rotate the Spark.

I had it happen to me the first time I tried calibrating my Spark's IMU. It's easy to miss a step.

Hello from below the very very tropical equator, Spark 317! Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I've seen that problem reported elsewhere, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. On Go4 I can calibrate it fine. On the Pilot app it's apparently the same procedure (at least same directions - start with the drone resting on a flat surface).

I'll try again tomorrow. Who knows, maybe it'll just go away :)

Thanks again!

Reactions: Spark 317
Here's the screen it's always stuck at.

When I go back to DJI Go 4, sometimes it'll say IMU needs calibration and it goes ahead till the end. That is, DJI Pilot not only isn't able to calibrate IMU, it also messes up the calibration trying to do it.

Any ideas? I'd really like to use DJI Pilot :)

Screenshot_20191102-145639_DJI Pilot.jpg

Maybe it doesn't work with the Spark.

The app information doesn't list the Spark as a supported aircraft.

Screenshot_20191105-153704~2.png

I have searched YouTube and couldn't find anything about using the Spark.

I don't know anything about the upper end drones in DJI's fleet, but they may have a dual compass and IMU's for redundancy.

The Spark only has one of each so maybe there is a conflict with the calibration.

Just a thought. ?

Reactions: lemieszek
Maybe it doesn't work with the Spark.

The app information doesn't list the Spark as a supported aircraft.

I see multiple reports of it working with Spark. Example: Spark + DJI Pilot app

I think the screen you posted are newly supported drones (though DJI indeed doesn't support DJI Pilot with Spark)

I don't know anything about the upper end drones in DJI's fleet, but they may have a dual compass and IMU's for redundancy.

The Spark only has one of each so maybe there is a conflict with the calibration.

That might well be. Maybe people who flew successfully with DJI Pilot did it before some kind of update broke the functionality.

Thanks!

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex