Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying the Spark down around Llangollen, Abbey and down Quarry

JonaThanksAlot!

Join
Mar 24, 2018
Took the Spark to Llangollen, it's so easy to carry about, it's a lovely place to film. Check out the Abbey and the Quarry too:p I'm guessing it wouldnt fly too great in the mine?

Check out my other videos if you have a few mins, subscribe and I'll love you forever;p Haha

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Magnificent! But c’mon fes up, not all of this was with the Spark, right?
It’s downright perfect footage.

Haha What a kind compliment!:p Believe it or not, all done with my lil Sparky, and then Windows Movie Maker. Check out my other little videos, I'm only a novice but the Spark really does speak for itself:))

Took the Spark to Llangollen, it's so easy to carry about, it's a lovely place to film. Check out the Abbey and the Quarry too:p I'm guessing it wouldnt fly too great in the mine?

Check out my other videos if you have a few mins, subscribe and I'll love you forever;p Haha

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,
Some great shots, compliments on your skills as a drone videographer and on your editing.

What sort of range are you getting from your Spark. I am only managing around 700m reliable, got it up to 750 yesterday and that was the best.
Best
Anthony

Reactions: JonaThanksAlot!
Hi Jonathan,
Some great shots, compliments on your skills as a drone videographer and on your editing.

What sort of range are you getting from your Spark. I am only managing around 700m reliable, got it up to 750 yesterday and that was the best.
Best
Anthony

Thanks Anthony! I appreciate the encouragement:)) I'll be honest, I love my SPark and as you can see I have used it a fair bit, but I've still not tried changing the frequency yet. I can push it pretty far for what I need it to do, but is probably not much more than what you are getting. If you change the frequency to 2.4GHz you will get a bit further, and you can get add-ons (like parabolic antenna amp) which do help. Also I find in the countryside (away from other disrupting signals) I get get further range, as opposed to more urban shots. I do loose signal pretty quick if I go behind large objects (buildings etc) so I have to be careful when filming the castles, make sure the return-to-home height is set way above any structures.

All the best:))

Curious about the Abbey, is any of it 6th century or rebuilt at some point? Nice video, makes me want to visit.

Thank you very much! The Abbey, Valle Crucis, was dissolved in 1537 and has since become what it is today. There have been a few 'repairs' shall we say, and a couple of rooms made fit for use, but it's mainly ruined. You should definitely visit! :)

Thank you very much! The Abbey, Valle Crucis, was dissolved in 1537 and has since become what it is today. There have been a few 'repairs' shall we say, and a couple of rooms made fit for use, but it's mainly ruined. You should definitely visit! :)

We lack depth of history in Canada as compared to the UK... But drone videos of historical sites are amongst my faves!

Reactions: JonaThanksAlot!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme