Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Frequent compass error and atti mode

Eduardo_87

Join
Mar 4, 2019
Loc
Brazil
Hello friends. Last time, a compass error began to appear frequently. (Accordingly, the drone immediately goes into atti mode).A simple compass calibration often does not help. Give me some tips. How do you deal with this problem?

Hello friends. Last time, a compass error began to appear frequently. (Accordingly, the drone immediately goes into atti mode).A simple compass calibration often does not help. Give me some tips. How do you deal with this problem?
How high values shows the compass after the calibration?

My Spark does it when I fly around my front yard (2acres, but power poles within 100’) practicing maneuvers at every startup. I have found that turning the controller (only) off and then back on exits Atti and the bird then uses compass... it will continue to use it until I change batteries, then I have to do it again.

My Spark does it when I fly around my front yard (2acres, but power poles within 100’) practicing maneuvers at every startup. I have found that turning the controller (only) off and then back on exits Atti and the bird then uses compass... it will continue to use it until I change batteries, then I have to do it again.
Long and not comfortable procedure. I Tired of compass error. Now error appears with each takeoff. (

In the red zone.
If it's in the red zone even after calibration then the compass might be magnetized. If you stored your spark somewhere near strong magnets (speakers for example) then the calibration won't help. Possibly the only way to fix it is compass demagnetizing. There's couple ways to make your own demagnetizer but the safest way is to get the Cfixer.

If it's in the red zone even after calibration then the compass might be magnetized. If you stored your spark somewhere near strong magnets (speakers for example) then the calibration won't help. Possibly the only way to fix it is compass demagnetizing. There's couple ways to make your own demagnetizer but the safest way is to get the Cfixer.
Wow. Thanks for the advice. I will ask the guys on the local forum, maybe someone has this device.

If this helps, then I will write about the results.

There's also way to make the demagnetizer from an old voltage transformer if you're a little bit tech savvy.

Ok, you've Sparked my interest.
I thought about purchasing one of the Cfixer units, but would this work? It's a tape eraser for magnetic tape.

IMG_20190306_155149360~2.jpg

I don't dare try it as it as I don't need to, but in the future?

This thing might reset the whole Spark to being a paper weight.:D

Reactions: Eduardo_87
Ok, you've Sparked my interest.
I thought about purchasing one of the Cfixer units, but would this work? It's a tape eraser for magnetic tape.

View attachment 9103

I don't dare try it as it as I don't need to, but in the future?

This thing might reset the whole Spark to being a paper weight.:D
Haven't seen this thing for a long time :) Actually it might work since you can demagnetize the compass even with just soldering gun with wire loop installed. Haven't tried yet since my compass seems to be ok (usually less than 10 interference).

There's also way to make the demagnetizer from an old voltage transformer if you're a little bit tech savvy.
I do not understand in the electromagnetic field. I found this device in a nearby town. At the weekend I will go on a long trip to demagnetize the compass.

Thanks for the advice. This device helped me. The problem is gone. CFixer is WOW!!!

Reactions: monty.roman
I cannot see how a electronic compass can get magnetized. If it was like a simple magnetic compass and you demagnetized it. then the compass would be worthless. As far as I know electronic compasses only detect the earth's magnetic field when electrically activated unless they are subjected to stray electromagnetic fields like power lines or metallic object that distort the magnetic field. Just my thoughts.

Actually, some parts of the spark, can be magnetised, and this triggers compass errors.
I cannot see how a electronic compass can get magnetized. If it was like a simple magnetic compass and you demagnetized it. then the compass would be worthless. As far as I know electronic compasses only detect the earth's magnetic field when electrically activated unless they are subjected to stray electromagnetic fields like power lines or metallic object that distort the magnetic field. Just my thoughts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme