Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GPS and ATTI issue.

Z.Rozanoff

Join
Aug 11, 2019
The last couple of months I have noticed that it takes a longer time for my spark to get a good GPS connection. And even if I have a good connection, I sometimes get lots of drift without the drone entering ATTI mode. I always check my calibration before launching...

Has anyone else experienced this issue lately?

Can the GPS reception be worse at dawn and / or dusk?

My global position is Northern Europe on the 60th parallel.

How many satellites is the telemetry saying you have locked on and how many bars showing for signal strength? Have you added anything to Sparky anywhere on the drone? Any crashes in the past couple of months?

I've read that for GPS satellites the inclination angle is 55º and for Glonass the angle is 65º. The Spark uses both but with you being at 60º maybe your GPS sat count and signal level are sketchy enough to keep your total number of sats low which fluctuates even more depending on the time of day. Not sure on solar activity over the past while but that might be a contributing factor, haven't heard of anyone else mentioning any issues lately though. Does your mobile device have any issues with GPS signal in the same location?

If the satellite reception on the Spark seems good and you're still getting drift then I'd probably calibrate the IMU and the compass even if GO4 says they don't need it.

Good article on GNSS and DJI drones if you or anyone else are interested:
DJI Drones Need This Many GPS Satellites to Fly

Reactions: windryder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme