Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

how to set radar and what parameter controls the gimbal speed

skinwalker

Join
Oct 8, 2018
I am NOT interested in setting the gimbal sensitivity every time in the DJI GO app, can i use assistant 2 to set the gimbal speed? IF so which parameter do i alter? Also does DJI Go have a radar function? What does it do and how do I activate it? I see birds ALOT in my videos that i do not see at all while piloting the drone...be nice to have radar on my higher altitude flights.

I am NOT interested in setting the gimbal sensitivity every time in the DJI GO app, can i use assistant 2 to set the gimbal speed? IF so which parameter do i alter? Also does DJI Go have a radar function? What does it do and how do I activate it? I see birds ALOT in my videos that i do not see at all while piloting the drone...be nice to have radar on my higher altitude flights.
You should not have to reset the gimbal speed every time you fly? I have set mine to 14 from the factory set 40 I think it was. I set it one time and forget about it. I found for what I do most want nice smooth video/photo the slower gimbal speed really makes a difference. But I have never had to reset each time I use the DJI Go 4 app. As far as radar function there is nothing within the DJI Go app that lets you see/track other things in the area if that's what your asking.

If you look at the specs, there is no mention of radar (Spark – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads) so it's not there. However, they don't specify which type of sensors are used. That can be found here. Mainly ultrasound and stereo-vision. combined with algoritms to compute location of obstacles.
Just wondering: what would you do with radar? Considering the drone is flying in a 3D environment I think it would be almost impossible to display any data coming from a radar.

so wtf does the radar/sonar looking icon do?

also my question also was related to how to set the GIMBAL SENSITIVITY on the AC itself, not in the DJI GO app every single time i operate the drone.

Are talking about the attitude indicator that looks like a radar screen?

Are talking about the attitude indicator that looks like a radar screen?
yes i now realize that after watching a video of it.... how do you get that to display and how to do you change your gimbal sensitivity setting in Assistant 2, what parameter?

It does look like a radar screen, but it only shows your heading relative you and due north , also your accelerometer reading , if your going forward at an angle , it will show you the angle, relative to the horizon , like on an airplane

Reactions: skinwalker
Yes, that's what it does.

No radar.

If you have the remote control, the thumb wheel is speed sensitive to the gimbal.
A light touch will move it slowly. Couple that with the settings in the go4 app and you should be able to have a smooth tilt.

If you put it in tripod mode, you have the ability to tilt the camera up past the horizon a little. This area of tilt is used for the Panos and Sphere shots.

Last edited:
how to set the GIMBAL SENSITIVITY on the AC itself, not in the DJI GO app every single time i operate the drone.
You don't have to set the Gimbal every time. You set it once; it maintains that setting. I'm not sure why you think that you have to set it every time you operate the drone.

You don't have to set the Gimbal every time. You set it once; it maintains that setting. I'm not sure why you think that you have to set it every time you operate the drone.
my app resets it everytime i close my tablet

Last edited:
Android or iOS?

OTG cable?

The settings should stay with the latest firmware installed.

There was a time when the cable wasn't supported and some settings had to be reset every time, part of the sacrifice of using the cable.

I assume you close the Go4 app before closing the tablet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef