Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

IMU calibration

Pe11e

Join
Feb 7, 2018
Hello fellow pilots :)

I like to do IMU calibration once in a while, especially if Spark wasn't used for longer than few weeks. The thing is, on certain steps, I can't place the Spark as showed in the DJI GO 4 app, it tends to fall.
In other words, these steps when you must place it to stand vertically, it is unstable and tends to fall. I tried to hold it by hand to avoid falling, but not sure it does affect the calibration precision.
Any experience with this? How do you calibrate IMU?

See the image below:

maxresdefault.jpg

I did it like you...without the props mounted.
And rested the prop-end of motors on a thin newspaper to make it stand.
Never had any issues with it after calibration!

I did it like you...without the props mounted.
And rested the prop-end of motors on a thin newspaper to make it stand.
Never had any issues with it after calibration!

I did it too without the props, and maybe because I had a problem with stability. I think the app suggested to dismount the props? Why?
The thing is, when you use newspapers or similar, I'm not sure the drone is in a perfect vertical position (90 degrees normal to the table), so it might affect the calibration.

I did it too without the props, and maybe because I had a problem with stability. I think the app suggested to dismount the props? Why?
The thing is, when you use newspapers or similar, I'm not sure the drone is in a perfect vertical position (90 degrees normal to the table), so it might affect the calibration.
It doesnt need to be perfect vertical.. thats why you turn it both ways... to get an average.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh