Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi vs Drone Harmony (vs Dronelink, Red Waypoint)

J997654-uk

Join
Mar 31, 2019
Loc
Europe
Is there anyone who has tried both and can say what is better to use?
I have found a topic about someone losing Spark while using DH recently.

I am currently researching DH on free trial at the moment (on Android).
Is there a way of trying Litchi for some period of time for free?
Also is it working on Android 10 (some comments on Google Play say it doesn't)?

Last edited:
Reactions: annabellesarah
Features (presets) that I found interesting on DH (for cinematography purposes):
  • Panoramic Helix
  • Parabolic Reverse Reveal
  • Rocket
  • Zoom Out

Reactions: Haggi
I am also on a trial of DH. I wish Litchi would have some sort of trial. I like that DH is full featured for an impressive 30 days. I tried Red Waypoint but the trial only lets you use 5 waypoints.

Reactions: RotorWash
I've got both Litchi and DH Basic.
If memory serves me right, Litchi is 24 dollar and DH Basic is 29 dollar. Lifetime purchases.
  • Litchi for waypoint missions, home lock, course lock and anything with poi.
  • DH Basic for orthomosaic maps and anything on-site inspection/photo/video.
Both auto-sync with Airdata flightlog, both can plan missions offline (pc and/or app) and both deserves a place in the toolbox!

I do not have latest GO 4 app installed, but the rock solid 4.1.15 on my Android Pie Note8. Latest firmware on all DJI hardware.

Last edited:
I am also on a trial of DH. I wish Litchi would have some sort of trial. I like that DH is full featured for an impressive 30 days. I tried Red Waypoint but the trial only lets you use 5 waypoints.

Yeah, 5 points doesn't make any sense if you want to try some really smooth 3d arcs etc.

litchi is like free anyway, piece of mind is worth it
I just Googled Litchi app and the Apple App store is showing $22.99, Google Play is showing $24.99. Not sure why the price difference, but nothing shown about a free version of either version.

Is there anyone who has tried both and can say what is better to use?
I have found a topic about someone losing Spark while using DH recently.

I am currently researching DH on free trial at the moment (on Android).
Is there a way of trying Litchi for some period of time for free?
Also is it working on Android 10 (some comments on Google Play say it doesn't)?
You may find that Dronelink is the answer you are looking for. Free for non professional use too.

Reactions: J997654-uk
From what I see online about Dronelink, it's a very impressive app.
  • Are download and installation of both the Web app and Native app required for full functionality (planning & flight execution)?
  • I see that the Native app is free, how much is the Web app?

Yes the device apps are free and the web app is free for non-commercial use. You do need to use both as missions are best created on the web app where you can draw upon the many other users who have left modules on there for you to reuse and to add your own.

Yes the device apps are free and the web app is free for non-commercial use. You do need to use both as missions are best created on the web app where you can draw upon the many other users who have left modules on there for you to reuse and to add your own.
I've installed Dronelink and it appears to be very cool. Can't wait to try it!

I've installed Dronelink and it appears to be very cool. Can't wait to try it!
Looking forward to seeing your evaluation.

I'd love to see comparative reviews between Litchi, Drone Harmony , Red Waypoint and Dronelink. For whatever reason DJI chose not to offer mission planning for Spark, at least they released the SDK for other enterprising people to fill the void. I like the fact that Dronelink is fully functional and free for non-professional use giving anyone interested the opportunity to try it.

The Google Play Store (Android) has Litchi at $24.99, Drone Harmony offers a free 30 day trial and a one time lifetime license for $29.00 for non-professional use if you like it, while Red Waypoint has a free version, it is limited to 5 waypoints and 8 "flatland" photos (whatever that means) and their Pro version has 500 waypoints and 18 "flatland" photos for $10.99. For what it's worth, user ratings at the Play Store are: Litchi 3.8, DH 4.1, Red Waypoint (free) 4.0 and RW Pro 4.4. Dronelink is not available through Play Store at this time.

I'm just testing Dronelink now. To be honest for me it's all about:
  • Smooth flight with nice cinematic video capture
  • Reliability (no crashes, want the drone to return etc.)
  • Easy of use, good user experience
Drone Harmony does the job but sometimes feel like to achieve results need to switch between web app on PC and tablet. However team is quite responsive with reacting to feedback which is nice. Will post more updates shortly.

Reactions: I B Spectre

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme