Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

long distance flight tests best settings

skinwalker

Join
Oct 8, 2018
what are the best settings for the controller and the AC for doing a long distance flight? What do i set the frequency to? How high should i fly the drone, too low i seem to lose signal. I have the OTG cable and the range extender but only seem to get out 4,500 feet before i lose signal.

The area you fly and wind is the biggest factor to a long distance run. Wide open farm fields or over water with no obstructions between you and the drone and low winds. I find that city or metropolitan settings there is too much radio interference, even if no obstacles and line of site when flying above 200 ft. I have taken it over a river and adjacent lakes as far as 14,588 ft out - still with signal and only turned around due to battery. I have gone 15.2K ft, but had to land just short of making it back due to battery. Height is dependent on wind - but typically I go at least 200 to 250 ft. up to 325 ft. I have the same set up as you all stock Spark, battery and remote with OTG and parabolic range extender. I leave the signal on automatic and find that 5.8 MHz works best most of the time with the Spark, even though 2.4 is supposed to give longer range, I have not found that to be the case with this drone and remote. The other key is to make sure you are pointing the antenna and range extender in the same direction and angle the drone is at - the closer you are on lining that up the whole flight, the longer the range.

Reactions: Mtntrogger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef