Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Loss of signal to controller

CenlaUAS

Join
Dec 29, 2018
Bought a Spark to play around with. Have a Mavic Pro also. Certified 107 for almost two years. Pre-flight check done.
Flew the Spark for second time and the following happened:
While hovering about 30ft high at a distance of about 75 ft from me, a text message came through on my phone. At about the same time, I lost video feed and had no control over the Spark. RTH initiated and the Spark returned to take off area. As it was descending, I was able to use the contoller to move the Spark sideways but still no video. Moving the Spark sideways indicates I had regained some control with the controller. The flight log on the controller does not show landing.
Could the text message have caused the wifi to disconnect from the controller?
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: alex_hidrobo
Bought a Spark to play around with. Have a Mavic Pro also. Certified 107 for almost two years. Pre-flight check done.
Flew the Spark for second time and the following happened:
While hovering about 30ft high at a distance of about 75 ft from me, a text message came through on my phone. At about the same time, I lost video feed and had no control over the Spark. RTH initiated and the Spark returned to take off area. As it was descending, I was able to use the contoller to move the Spark sideways but still no video. Moving the Spark sideways indicates I had regained some control with the controller. The flight log on the controller does not show landing.
Could the text message have caused the wifi to disconnect from the controller?
Thanks for the help.
Yes.... Wierd but could happen

Reactions: Kevkyo67
"Could the text message have caused the wifi to disconnect from the controller? "

I think so...I was told to always put phone on airplane mode and Bluetooth turned off....and also if you have a Bluetooth watch, remove it as they can case problems.

"Could the text message have caused the wifi to disconnect from the controller? "

I think so...I was told to always put phone on airplane mode and Bluetooth turned off....and also if you have a Bluetooth watch, remove it as they can case problems.

Thank you. Forgot about airplane mode. I was wearing my fit bit when I flew. I will keep this in mind next time I fly.

Follow up question:
How can I get the Sparks Blackbox files read? Noticed a folder labeled “Fatal” with contents in I believe Chinese in it.
Thank you again for any assistance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit