Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mavic Air props on Spark

Teq

Join
Jan 25, 2018
Given that the size is about the same and the motors look the same, would the Mavic Air props for they Spark? It seems that they would be slightly lighter without the hinge mechanism and they appear to have a slightly more refined shape as well as not as much dead area in the center. Hopefully they don't also have the part numbers raised on the leading edge of the props.
If so, could we squeeze out a few more minutes of flight time the Spark?

Given that the size is about the same and the motors look the same, would the Mavic Air props for they Spark? It seems that they would be slightly lighter without the hinge mechanism and they appear to have a slightly more refined shape as well as not as much dead area in the center. Hopefully they don't also have the part numbers raised on the leading edge of the props.

Ummmm...no.

Reactions: The Editor
Why are people asking if MA stuff will work with the Spark? I've seen other posts both here and the Mavic forum asking if the Spark RC will work with the MA.

Why are people asking if MA stuff will work with the Spark? I've seen other posts both here and the Mavic forum asking if the Spark RC will work with the MA.

The bigger question is...why ask such questions? Sometimes...ok, more than sometimes...I think people ask questions just for the sake of doing so.

Reminds of the girl from the original Willy Wonka movie, "I want it now!!"

Even when told it's not an option, ( everything the MA has & Spark doesn't ), they still want it :rolleyes:.

Reactions: leatherneck6017
So is the prop diameter different? Or is it the attachment mechanism? Or spindle diameter?

Why ask about x, y, z part?
Because manufacturers often use the same standards across different products and a DJI part is more likely to fit than an Autel. Often we can afford a minor investment such as a prop or controller to extend the capabilities of what we have already invested in but not buy something new.

Reactions: armando58
So is the prop diameter different? Or is it the attachment mechanism? Or spindle diameter?

Why ask about x, y, z part?
Because manufacturers often use the same standards across different products and a DJI part is more likely to fit than an Autel. Often we can afford a minor investment such as a prop or controller to extend the capabilities of what we have already invested in but not buy something new.
Even if the props would/could fit there is then the issue with vibration. Good example is that when DJI released the "low noise" props that are used on the MPP, they also released a firmware update for the MP owners to use them.

Both questions (props and RC) are absolutely valid.

I guess we’ll know as soon as somebody actually tries it out.

The MA props are same size but must be optimized for faster rotation generating more thrust. They could be subpar for a Spark, even if mounting fits.

Reactions: Sparkboy
So is the prop diameter different?
I don't know about the diameter of the hub, but the Mavic Air props are 0.6 inches longer and have a different pitch.

Per the usual, it's always best to use the props that the manufacturer designed for the specific drone.

Reactions: Sparkboy and Boudro
It's certainly possible to cut down and balance the Mavic Air props, Non folding props are a whole lot easier to cut and balance anyhow.

The real issue would be making sure they match up to the Sparks' current propeller pitch, in which you may end up with less pitch (less lift), or the other extreme to much pitch where your constantly getting the high wind warnings, as well as running the risk of burning up the Spark's ECS's from the extra load being put on the motors.

Just buy the Mavic Air. I've only had my Spark for less than 2 weeks, about a dozen flights or so. No mishaps, no disconnects or anything at all. But I have already ordered the Mavic Air. Why? because the Spark is an amazing little quad so I know the Mavic Air will be fantastic. Therefore it's a no brainier for me.

Just buy the Mavic Air. I've only had my Spark for less than 2 weeks, about a dozen flights or so. No mishaps, no disconnects or anything at all. But I have already ordered the Mavic Air. Why? because the Spark is an amazing little quad so I know the Mavic Air will be fantastic. Therefore it's a no brainier for me.
For my own perspective-building, since you're getting the Air, are you selling your Spark? I just ordered the Air last night and I'm on the fence about whether to sell my Spark. I don't see the utility in keeping it when the Air does everything I want and my Spark could fulfill someone else's needs. Just asking in case y'all see a valid reason I might be missing as I'm pretty new to the drone game.

For my own perspective-building, since you're getting the Air, are you selling your Spark? I just ordered the Air last night and I'm on the fence about whether to sell my Spark. I don't see the utility in keeping it when the Air does everything I want and my Spark could fulfill someone else's needs. Just asking in case y'all see a valid reason I might be missing as I'm pretty new to the drone game.
Makes sense to me! I would like to advise that we stay away from judging others as they grow into this neat hobby. My Dad used to say, 'If ya don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.'

Just read one of those news updates that might impact drone pilots. The US Air force is conducting wars games from now through the middle of next month, Part of the games will include GPS jamming in the Southwest United States. So there may be times that we won't have GPS.

If the prop diameter is 0.6 longer, that answers the question for me. That is more than the space available and I have no interest in attempting to cut and balance.
Thanks

Last edited:
No, I don't plan on selling my Spark. I really do like the Spark very much. I almost ordered the Mavic at the same time because I couldn't decide on which one to get. Very glad I didn't get the Mavic. If I had known the Mavic Air was coming out before I bought the Spark I would have waited. But since I already have the Spark and have over $800 invested in it with several accessories, I'll keep it. Love my little red Spark. Ordered the black Mavic Air. Can't wait [emoji16] 1517112706593.jpg

Reactions: lowoctane and Woody

Not a dumb question in my books... and also this guy's:

Seems to reduce sound frequency and potentially even noise a little, but needs a bit of trimming to prevent props from clashing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme