Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG Cable Worked Great!

Join
Nov 13, 2021
The OTG cable from eBay was the key to finally getting the Spark, Controller, and iPhone 12 Pro Max on the same page. I received a 'Precise Fly Database Update', 'New Firmware Update', and 'Weak Default Password' messages, which I will work through. But got the all important 'Connected' message. The 'Wifi Settings' in the DJI Go 4 app also popped up. I received IMU & Compass warnings also. But my friend who gave me the Spark lives many miles away and I tested the Spark on my desktop... not outdoors. I spun the props on my desktop for a minute or so and shut it down. I found the YouTube video below by 'FlyPath' to be very helpful on the use of the OTG cable. Again many thanks to the subject matter experts on the forum for the OTG recommendation.

Attachments

• Spark Connected Message #1.gif
    Spark Connected Message #1.gif
    83.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Default Password Message #2.gif
    Default Password Message #2.gif
    85 KB · Views: 5
  • Wifi Settings Screen #3.gif
    Wifi Settings Screen #3.gif
    48.8 KB · Views: 5
Yes, OTG is the ONLY way to fly a Spark! I had lots of trouble before with connectivity, which all went away when I changed to OTG, but also to the modded app which makes it fly in FCC mode! With these two "modifications" the Spark flies like a dream!
Instead of the long OTG cable in the video, get an OTG adaptor which is tiny and also get a short cable, but make sure it it is data cable (not just a charge cable).

Reactions: twickers14
It was one of the mini-faffs with the Spark that has been sorted on the MA2 with it built in. But yes it makes a big difference. Enjoy your flying.

Can the charging cable be used as an OTG cable ? I did a long time ago read on the forum that it could be Regards Engie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe