Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Residential Flight Issues

SparkVirgin

Join
Jan 23, 2018
Hey all I'm new to the forum but have flow RC all my life. I bought the Spark to have something to fly around my neighborhood when I need a break from work (I work from home). Generally I'm only able to get 3000-4000ft distance before it's very unreliable and sometimes I lose signal all together with a return to home. Is this pretty typical?

Thanks!

- Jason

Yes. The Spark will be affected by all the WiFi in the area, as well as other signals. You’ll also be getting signal blockage from buildings. To be honest, the distance you’re getting in a residential area is very good.

Reactions: leatherneck6017
I would have to agree, 3000' - 4000' is pretty good in an area with a fair amount of homes.

Agreeded, typical.

Hey all I'm new to the forum but have flow RC all my life. I bought the Spark to have something to fly around my neighborhood when I need a break from work (I work from home). Generally I'm only able to get 3000-4000ft distance before it's very unreliable and sometimes I lose signal all together with a return to home. Is this pretty typical?

Thanks!

- Jason
3000 to 4000' is pretty good in a residential area. OTG on the last upgrade for the Go 4 app doesn't work, so stay clear. There is a rumour that a new update is out or will be soon that brings OTG back for Spark. I hope so as I'm awaiting my CrystalSky 5.5" and would prefer direct cable connection as the areas I fly in currently have a lot of 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi so interference reduces my range substantially.

Reactions: SparkVirgin
If you can move in the direction your Spark is flying, you can increase the range some, but you have to be able to move back to your home point in case it loses full contact. Also have to have a good idea whether the battery is charged enough if that happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis