Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark cruising speed and image transmission.

Nick R

Join
Dec 25, 2017
In Sport mode I can fly the spark pretty fast.
But in GPS mode.. I normally get about 6-7 mph.
Seems very slow... Spec says should be about 12 mph..
What are you guys getting ?

Also.. Since they did away with the OTG cable...
The image transmission seems to get worse. I get Weak Image Transmission message at around 1200 in an open field. Any thoughts ? btw.. I use Ipad Mini 2 (Wifi only model)..

In Sport mode I can fly the spark pretty fast.
But in GPS mode.. I normally get about 6-7 mph.
Seems very slow... Spec says should be about 12 mph..
What are you guys getting ?

Also.. Since they did away with the OTG cable...
The image transmission seems to get worse. I get Weak Image Transmission message at around 1200 in an open field. Any thoughts ? btw.. I use Ipad Mini 2 (Wifi only model)..
Otg is back. Update your Go4 app.

With regard to speed, depends on the wind really - but 10 - 15 mph.

Speaking of speed, are there any engineers aboard who can tell me about props? My spark has two blade two piece props. The Mavic has the same although a little larger. The new air has two blade single piece props. I've even seen drones with single piece three blade props. How are these designs decided upon? Is one design superior to another?

Speaking of speed, are there any engineers aboard who can tell me about props? My spark has two blade two piece props. The Mavic has the same although a little larger. The new air has two blade single piece props. I've even seen drones with single piece three blade props. How are these designs decided upon? Is one design superior to another?

Folding props allow for a smaller package, that is all. The way a Mavic Pro folds, with the motors at the ends of the body, needed them otherwise the props would extend beyond the body. Same with Spark. Mavic Air uses fixed props as its motors fold to the middle, allowing the props to fit along the side of the body. There is no advantage to folding props here.

2 vs 3 blade props is an issue of efficiency. When a prop spins, each blade creates a wake in the air. Cutting a blade through that wake will require more effort to get the same lift as cutting through clean air. In the situation that most DJI products are used (hover, slow speed), a 3-blade prop would have each blade cutting through the wake of the blade ahead of it. Bad for performance and battery life. 2 blades is optimal as the following blade cuts the air after the wake has passed. 3-blade props will give you more lift and power, so long as they are moving forward fast enough to miss the wake ahead. This is why you see them on racing drones, or airplanes.

Some of this is probably not 100% correct in terminology, but the explanation works just the same.

Reactions: DroneDan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex