Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark disconnected from controller

cooch

Join
May 4, 2018
I updated dji go4 app to 4.2.20 on my android phone and on my first flight I had my spark 120mts high and 180mts away from the controller when it decided to disconnect from the controller. Nothing I tried would allow the drone to reconnect. Thankfully the RTH function allowed it to come back. I then flew the spark again using two batteries with a different android phone using the old go4 app and had no issues when the drone was 120mts high and 800mts away from the controller. Obviously there is a problem with the update. Interested if anyone else has experienced the same problem

Reactions: Torbjørn Larssen
Did you changed your "insecure wifi password" before the flight?
I did, and experienced same as you. Saved by RTH, RC never reconnected.
I'm currently back on 4.1.15... flawless flying

Screenshot_20180613-172203_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Same experience, plus my Spark now ignores the Record button and decides to start and stop recording whenever the hell it feels like it. I've also been prompted to re-enter my new password a couple of times. Makes no difference whether I'm connected to the controller by wifi or OTG cable.

I don't trust my Spark with the latest Android update, and that's a bad feeling.

I updated dji go4 app to 4.2.20 on my android phone and on my first flight I had my spark 120mts high and 180mts away from the controller when it decided to disconnect from the controller. Nothing I tried would allow the drone to reconnect. Thankfully the RTH function allowed it to come back. I then flew the spark again using two batteries with a different android phone using the old go4 app and had no issues when the drone was 120mts high and 800mts away from the controller. Obviously there is a problem with the update. Interested if anyone else has experienced the same problem
I have lost two drones after that the spark first went in Atti mode and then lost contact. The spark did not returned to homepoint: (

I flew 3 batteries with no issues, with the exception of 2 instances where battery had shown N/A, on my android and the 4.1.22 update.

Then first flight after recharge remote lost connection and Returned home.

Didnt get the popup that offers option to cancel RTH.

Did you changed your "insecure wifi password" before the flight?
I did, and experienced same as you. Saved by RTH, RC never reconnected.
I'm currently back on 4.1.5... flawless flying

View attachment 5310

4.1.5 or 4.1.15?

I've not ventured past 4.1.15 or mod 2 because of the horror stories I've heard, do you get sphere mode with 4.1,5?

Edit: actually I see it from the screenshot - what is that screenshot from?

4.1.5 or 4.1.15?

I've not ventured past 4.1.15 or mod 2 because of the horror stories I've heard, do you get sphere mode with 4.1,5?

Edit: actually I see it from the screenshot - what is that screenshot from?
4.1.15 sure (post edited)
Sorry for the confusion

Android and 4.1.22 Could it be the app?

Set RTH to 150 ft, 13 sats, 97% batt. Lift off, got notice RTH point recorded 328 ft. Thought weird.

6 minutes into flight lost remote control. Then green upper right corner 'In flght GPS' changed to 'GoHome'.

No advanced voice warning from go4 app regarding the initiation of RTH.

Thoughts or past experience anyone? Thanks in advance.

Android and 4.1.22 Could it be the app?

Set RTH to 150 ft, 13 sats, 97% batt. Lift off, got notice RTH point recorded 328 ft. Thought weird.

6 minutes into flight lost remote control. Then green upper right corner 'In flght GPS' changed to 'GoHome'.

No advanced voice warning from go4 app regarding the initiation of RTH.

Thoughts or past experience anyone? Thanks in advance.
No helpful answer, but i think RTH height is set in meters...regardless of metric or imperial setup?

Forgot to mention. After spark reach my preselected 150 ft RTH altitude, the altitude counter read 150 ft. The RTH alert said 328 ft.

Yesterday, I used DJI Go 4 4.1.22 on an android Redmi Note 4 mobile and sent the spark straight up 150m high. It disconnected and reconnected twice. I was on the edge. Never happened before. I usually put the phone on airplane mode but this time I forgot. On top of it, the internet data was on.

Later I used mod version of GO 4 4.1.15 and also Red Waypoint without any problem

Yesterday, I used DJI Go 4 4.1.22 on an android Redmi Note 4 mobile and sent the spark straight up 150m high. It disconnected and reconnected twice. I was on the edge. Never happened before. I usually put the phone on airplane mode but this time I forgot. On top of it, the internet data was on.

Later I used mod version of GO 4 4.1.15 and also Red Waypoint without any problem
Straight up will cause poor to no reception unless antenna flats are pointed directly at ac. Keeping ac in front of you at reasonable distance will facilitate good rc reception. Just a thought may be the issue.

Assuming he had unfolded the antenna (I've seen people flying with them folded back down) but it's more than likely he used the .22 version of DJIGO, I wouldn't use that version if DJI paid me, the only time I ever did the dam thing disconnected while hovering in the garden at hip height a meter in front of me, luckily I was able to grab sparky and shut it down manually as it was starting to go up out of control, presumably getting ready to perform a fly away.

Go back to .15 is my advice (also seems to be the official advise from DJI too if experiencing those problems).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme