Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

SPARK Found Glendale, AZ

It's back.

as far as I know registration is still open, but not required any longer, unless your flying under Part 107. Has this changed again and I just missed it?
The registration rule was reinstated in December 2017. Check out this article for more details.

Imagine that, another person flying without registering and following established rules, too many people are buying drones and are never aware of the registration requirements, I always tell people who are buying drones at my store about registering. And I always find out where people live and if they are tourists, I tell them about the need to check the rules in their specific countries.

To be fair, I didn't register until just yesterday. Last I had seen, there wasn't any requirement to register with the FAA. It wasn't until this thread I decided to register my drone. And it wasn't until just a minute ago, I saw a post stating the rules had changed in Dec 2017. So yeah, there are some people that are flying as safely as possible and aren't aware the rule changed.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Wow, this is crazy! I like to think I keep up with drone "stuff" pretty well and had no idea the registration was back! That being said, imagine how many people that are just casual flyers have no idea.

Reactions: brasda91
Glendale is a restricted airspace. Glendale municiple airport. ******* rule breaker who lost it doesnt deserve to get it back.

Glendale is a restricted airspace. Glendale municiple airport. ******* rule breaker who lost it doesnt deserve to get it back.
In "Restricted" airspace call the entity in charge. If it's an airport, call the airport air controll tower and ask if you can fly in the area.
The last call I made was to the Palo Alto, Ca.airport. The old me to yield to any aircraft in the vicinity and to keep the drone under 400 ft.
Thank them and go fly......[emoji2]

Reactions: suprPHREAK
Now pretty please can I have my drone back it flew away from me in the UK. [emoji23][emoji23]

I don’t object to paying five bucks to register and labeled accordingly. Use Reward if Found and it greatly increases your recovery chances greatly.

Check classifieds. At least a couple of us making labels. Or use a piece of tape and a sharpie. Just label it and number your batteries for rotation.

DJI is investigating a flyaway and loss in water for me. I hope they rule in my favor. But I bought another one anyway at a great price lightly used. Now to do the pain in the *** video verification so I can buy DJI Care. It’s so cheap for the Spark why not buy it (I lost mine before the video verification was accepted by DJI but I still say it is a product failure since with three quarters battery left and when choosing RTH the drone flew a straight vector away and ignored all controller input. We’ll see how generous they are.

They might have cached footage in their phone that matches their spark. I also dont know my wifi password off hand, as its generally connected to my controller, and the stickers dont hold up well. Im sure if the person who lost this sees the post, they'll figure out a way to prove it.

A buddy of mine found a small drone playing golf, he didn't know about the SD card tucked away inside and we obtained enough footage to identify where it came from and he will be returning it soon.

The little drone was totaled but the owner should get a kick out of getting it back.

I have to say I don't know the wifi user ID or password of my Spark either. I always use it with the controller, and the QR code on the box quickly faded to nothing (as did the one on the controller). So, if I didn't have my spark, I'd not know the wifi.

OP, it's really kind of you to post about this Spark, but the owner may very well not have the wifi information for you, just FYI.

If u hold down the power button and look at ur WiFi settings on ur device, ur WiFi name will eventually pop up. I am sure we all know that except the person originating this thread. He doesn’t have one for himself.
Fly on my pretty’s - fly on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67