Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Remote Controller DOES Fit iPad Mini 4

Nikon1

Join
May 31, 2017
Loc
South Jersey
I remember people asking if the RC arms would open wide enough to accept an iPad Mini 4 as the display. Unfortunately, based on my FlyMore Combo, they will not.

Thankfully I have the Skytreat iPad holder from my Mavic and that fits like a glove.

Just a Heads Up.

Good Flying!

FOLLOW THE THREAD - IT DOES FIT, JUST A TIGHT FIT!

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffyhk
Can you take some pictures of the controller? I haven't even seen one yet.

D32F7027-5C3D-4E38-985B-21F39640898F_zpsshl5vibn.jpg
E8D243B1-1D7E-494C-8A9B-3F8FE395D0A3_zpsciridifi.jpg
47446339-953D-4AD3-9C3A-74C4FF40C6E0_zpshez8veaq.jpg

D6AA5B77-F126-4DDD-957F-11D2DC4407D2_zpsp2bcipoq.jpg
F959F3E5-0D10-4577-9347-3AC2434E155F_zpsr2z6pvre.jpg

Reactions: JD4x4
They are in the small black sleeves standing in front of the $10,000.00 16 GB card. (If you haven't gotten your invoice yet, you probably have no idea what that means)

You do get (2) Extra pairs and fit nicely in the Spark Storage box.

Reactions: JD4x4
The Mavmount should work too right? Does the Mavmount folds too like your skyreat?

My iPad Mini 4 doesn't fit the remote control of the Spark. He may have an iPad Mini 2 or 3 that are slightly smaller. Or mine may just not be spreading out as far.

My iPad Mini 4 doesn't fit the remote control of the Spark. He may have an iPad Mini 2 or 3 that are slightly smaller. Or mine may just not be spreading out as far.
Well I can’t say for certain as I don’t yet own it yet.
The Mini 4 is what he is using in that video I think. It is slightly wider than the 2 and 3 but only by a couple of mm. On the Mavic remote controller there is a small plastic clip that you have to remove before you can fit an eight inch tablet in this way. Maybe it’s the same on the Spark RC?

That could be what I'm missing. His holder did to seem more widely spread than what mine are. Let me see it I can find a small plastic clip to remove.

The Mavmount should work too right? Does the Mavmount folds too like your skyreat?
I'm sure it would. I bought the Skytreat just to try it - and was very pleasantly surprised by the build quality.

I'm sure the MavMount is much better, but at 1/3 the cost of the MavMount, the Skytreat does what I want it to do and, as you said, it folds nice and flat for transport and storage.

Well I can’t say for certain as I don’t yet own it yet.
The Mini 4 is what he is using in that video I think. It is slightly wider than the 2 and 3 but only by a couple of mm. On the Mavic remote controller there is a small plastic clip that you have to remove before you can fit an eight inch tablet in this way. Maybe it’s the same on the Spark RC?

Are you talking about the Cable Holder on the Mavic RC - the one that holds your cable on the left arm and guides the connector into your phone?

If so, the Spark RC doesn't offer a wired connection, so there's no clip to hold the cable.

I could in no way spread the Spark arms wide enough to fit the Mini 4. The older iPad Minis were just a little smaller and that maybe what the video shows - I don't know. But I could not fit a naked (no case) Mini 4 in the arms of the Spark RC.

It's very possible some of the Spark RCs have a wider spread to the arms than mine or Nikon1. I think with a hammer I could make it fit:-0
Maybe someone will think of something a little less drastic. Sure wish the Mavic RC worked as a direct USB connection would be preferred over WiFi.

If its the same as the mavics controller arms then file down the top part of thr arms a tiny bit. It will then give more spread.

My iPad Mini 4 DOES fit in the Spark RC:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex