Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark terrible video feed with Huawei Mate 7, would be better with Xperia z5 premium?

Yanickma

Join
Oct 6, 2017
Hello all,

I bought a Spark drone fly more combo 1 month ago. I ve done already around 7 flights and I am surprised how bad is the live video feed on the dji app.

I ve read several posts and youtube and googled it and i ve done the typical stuff (otg cable, airplane mode). Otg improves substantially but still it s a bit delayed and pixeled and breaks the image while doing any transition.

Wifi peering to the RC is totally useless. Like 7 sec delays and all the image is broken. Unusable. I know my huawei mate 7 is kind of old, but still listed in compatible phone for the dji app.

Is it really my phone that is that crappy? Anyone with this similar phone model with a different experience? I mean, i just spent 700 $ on this drone and i m not going to spend another 800 $ for the latest flagship phone just to make it work... :(

I ordered an xperia z5 premium on ebay with the hope it will behave better...anyone has run it with spark and RC that could share the result? As mentioned, otg cable solution is kind of better but far from optimal yet in my case. Honestly im worried that if for some reason dji ever removes that otg option (which i understand is not officially supported on the spark) it would render this thing totally useless if only wifi can be used to peer with RC.

Same issue with a cheap Polaroid A500 Android phone.
Processor is not fast enough to cope with the incoming video feed using the current DJI protocol.

Some mention that disabling video caching helps - although I'm not sure this is even an available option with the latest GO releases.

Thanks for your answer!

It s the first time i hear about the video cache option. I will try to see if it can be disabled. The captured videos are useless anyway because they are all garbled most of the time.

If the new phone isn't working as well it's probably just interference from other sources of 2.4 and 5.8ghz wifi. If it does work though congratz on finding a cure!

I should get the new phone this Friday. I will update on the results once I have it.

Not to piss you off but it's not "peer" it's "pair" but that's besides the point!;) I hope your xperia z5 works for you. Since you stated that you phone is "kind of old" you might have so much bloatware on it that your resources on the phone are being used for that instead of the Go4 app. I think that you should be able to go into settings and optimize the Go4 App (optimizing allows it to use more resources than other apps) and also delete some of the apps that are using up all of your resources. Just remember that unless you totally "force stop" an app from running in the settings, it still continues to run in the back ground!

Not to piss you off but it's not "peer" it's "pair" but that's besides the point!;) I hope your xperia z5 works for you. Since you stated that you phone is "kind of old" you might have so much bloatware on it that your resources on the phone are being used for that instead of the Go4 app. I think that you should be able to go into settings and optimize the Go4 App (optimizing allows it to use more resources than other apps) and also delete some of the apps that are using up all of your resources. Just remember that unless you totally "force stop" an app from running in the settings, it still continues to run in the back ground!
Sorry for the "peer" mistake, english is not the native language here...

I ll give it a try and see what happens by closing some more apps.

Just an update....i got the experia z5 premium and it works Just great with the spark.

Crystal clear live video streaming on the phone, no delay, lags of any kind, even without otg cable and only running on wifi.

My problem is solved now i can fully enjoy my spark :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex