Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark vs Mavic Air

They say it is better because it is objectively better. Just as portable, faster, longer range, longer battery life, more capable camera, 3 axis gimble vs 2, more advanced obstacle avoidance. There is nothing subjective about It. It is simply a more capable drone. There are no reasons other than cost to chose the Spark over the Air, and if you have both, there isn't a functional reason to fly the Spark over the Air while flying the spark over the air means you are losing capabilities without gaining any other benefits. There is no benefit of flying a spark over the Air, but plenty when flying the Air over the Spark. Again, the Spark isn't a bad drone. It's fantastic. Especially for the money.

Air vs Pro comparison is a bit different. With the Pro you absolutely gain additional flight time and range, so when you look at flight characteristics, the Pro is better than Air. On the other hand, if you decide to fly the Air over the Pro, you get a better camera, smaller form factor, and better obstacle avoidance. The Air is a better camera. Comparisons are a bit more subjective here, depending on your needs. If you need to fly farther away to capture a shot the MP is better, when you want better slow motion and higher quality 4K video the air is better. When the Mavic Pro 2 comes out, I have no doubt it will be a better drone than the Air, just not as small.

Who is "They"? The media? Some Youtube guy? Some self-proclaimed Drone expert? Do you let people tell you what is best for you or do you use your mind to make that determination for yourself?

Oh so you base it purely on the spec sheet... Gotcha. So because a Ferrari can go zero to 60 faster than a mini van the Ferrari is better? Because it has a higher top speed than a mini-van it's better? because its got a bigger engine than a mini-van it's better? Gotcha! Spec sheets tell the the whole story and what someone needs or will use is a moot point because the spec sheet says so. Tell that to the soccer mom/dad with 4 kids that the Ferrari is better for her/him.... objectively... Gotcha!!!

And based on your "logic" my Inspire is better than all of these other drones because it has a better spec sheet.. So why doesn't everyone buy one? Oh because it doesn't fit everyone's needs or budget....

Sorry bud, you are simply expressing your opinion which is completely "Subjective" as is mine... Don't try to pass off opinion as fact or truth....

They say it is better because it is objectively better. Just as portable, faster, longer range, longer battery life, more capable camera, 3 axis gimble vs 2, more advanced obstacle avoidance. There is nothing subjective about It. It is simply a more capable drone. There are no reasons other than cost to chose the Spark over the Air, and if you have both, there isn't a functional reason to fly the Spark over the Air while flying the spark over the air means you are losing capabilities without gaining any other benefits. There is no benefit of flying a spark over the Air, but plenty when flying the Air over the Spark. Again, the Spark isn't a bad drone. It's fantastic. Especially for the money.

Air vs Pro comparison is a bit different. With the Pro you absolutely gain additional flight time and range, so when you look at flight characteristics, the Pro is better than Air. On the other hand, if you decide to fly the Air over the Pro, you get a better camera, smaller form factor, and better obstacle avoidance. The Air is a better camera. Comparisons are a bit more subjective here, depending on your needs. If you need to fly farther away to capture a shot the MP is better, when you want better slow motion and higher quality 4K video the air is better. When the Mavic Pro 2 comes out, I have no doubt it will be a better drone than the Air, just not as small.

It's not about the spec sheet. Your example of a Mini Van vs a Ferrari actually supports my point. They both have different use cases. There are reasons to fly an inspire over an Air. (The camera system for example) There are reasons to fly the spark over a P4 (portability). What use case do you have for flying a Spark over the Air? A Ferrari isn't objectively better than Mini van because it's an Apples to Oranges comparison. They are used for different purposes. The Air does everything that the Spark does, but the Spark doesn't do everything that the Air does. The Inspire doesn't do everything the Air or Spark do, but Spark and Air do not do everything that the Inspire does either.

If one drone can do everything another can do, plus more, then it's objectively better.

Wow you can't even keep your story straight... Its not even worth trying to make a point with you cause you just contradicted your original post and don't even get that.... (sigh).... You are now agreeing with my response to your post that I even put in all caps...

THEY SERVE DIFFERENT PURPOSES!!!!!!

It's not about the spec sheet. Your example of a Mini Van vs a Ferrari actually supports my point. They both have different use cases. There are reasons to fly an inspire over an Air. (The camera system for example) There are reasons to fly the spark over a P4 (portability). What use case do you have for flying a Spark over the Air? A Ferrari isn't objectively better than Mini van because it's an Apples to Oranges comparison. They are used for different purposes. The Air does everything that the Spark does, but the Spark doesn't do everything that the Air does. The Inspire doesn't do everything the Air or Spark do, but Spark and Air do not do everything that the Inspire does either.

If one drone can do everything another can do, plus more, then it's objectively better.

No, again. I pointed out that in several cases there is a different use case for the various drones. But I also pointed out that there aren't any different use cases for the Spark vs the Air.

I gave examples of my using some drones over others, but what use case would you chose the Spark over the Air? I'll concede to your point if you can give me a use case where the spark would be a better choice.

You got it Ace! Flying in a confined space and navigating through a 11" wide opening then Palm Landing...

No, again. I pointed out that in several cases there is a different use case for the various drones. But I also pointed out that there aren't any different use cases for the Spark vs the Air.

I gave examples of my using some drones over others, but what use case would you chose the Spark over the Air? I'll concede to your point if you can give me a use case where the spark would be a better choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis