Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

"Spotlight mode" for SPARK

Der olle Hansen

Join
Jul 3, 2020
Loc
Luebeck, Germany
I just found this video (already from August 2018) that explaines how to set a "spotlight" on you with your SPARK.
I did not know that it is no must to press "GO". :)

"Hacked" in the title is misleading as there is nothing to be hacked, no modifications - just clever use of the given possibilities. ;)

The presenter says that it turns the OA off?

The Go4 app tells me to turn the OA on for Active Track to work, as I usually fly with them off.

Might have been a change since 2018. ?

Due to too much wind and rain and thunderstorm in the last days, I could not test ist, yet.

But if the SPARK hovers in one position, just turning round its own axis and using the gimbal to keep you in focus, there is no OA necessary.

By the way, this behavior is, what I thought the "tripod mode" would be, when I was just reading the word in the manual and in the app: the SPARK hovers in the air as if I had mounted it on a huge tripod and just the camera is keeping an eye on me.
The "tripod mode" could better be called "snail pace" and could have a snail icon ? ; I think then the function would be immediately understandable for everyone. ;)

But if the SPARK hovers in one position, just turning round its own axis and using the gimbal to keep you in focus, there is no OA necessary.

Agreed. But when clicking the Active Track option from the menu, the app prompts me to turn the OA on. It won't enter the mode until I do.

I use an iPad mini4 as my flight deck. Perhaps it's different with the Droids?

Here's a secret about Tripod Mode so don't tell anybody...?

When in Tripod Mode, you can tilt the camera up past the horizon a little bit to take footage above the Spark.

This area of tilt is reserved for the automatic panos the Spark does but can be accessed manually during Tripod mode only. :)

Reactions: Andro and RotorWash
I just found this video (already from August 2018) that explaines how to set a "spotlight" on you with your SPARK.
I did not know that it is no must to press "GO". :)

"Hacked" in the title is misleading as there is nothing to be hacked, no modifications - just clever use of the given possibilities. ;)
Thanks great feature..

Agreed. But when clicking the Active Track option from the menu, the app prompts me to turn the OA on. It won't enter the mode until I do.

I use an iPad mini4 as my flight deck. Perhaps it's different with the Droids?

Just tried this out with my droid and OA must be enabled first as with iOS. I think the presenter in the video thought OA was disabled because of the Spark backing into the house. Yet as we know there is no backward sensor on the Spark. Backwards flying while in OA can be turned off in the settings but either way it won't move (only pan) if go is not pressed.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex