Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Stick Not Centered RC Loud beep failed dial calibration

BH&L

Join
Jun 24, 2017
6710FCE7-6B00-4C1B-A880-3D9D4E1A9AFB.png I searched and wasn’t able to find any help.
When I turn remote on after a few seconds I get a red rapid loud beep. It says “Stick Not Centered” (even though they look like they are). I go to calibrate remote, I run sticks around square box without issue then on the next page my physical left dial moves the bubble on the screen back and forth but the target bubble disappears and my only option is to exit out or it will time out. Everything, including batteries is up to date. What’s weird is it says to also calibrate right dial, but spark remote has no right dial. I deleted app on my iPhone X and it all worked fine once then back to same issue. Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!
God bless,
Casey

Attachments

• 624E21EE-334F-4809-8B47-DA4CB028D361.png
    624E21EE-334F-4809-8B47-DA4CB028D361.png
    602.4 KB · Views: 20
View attachment 5311 I searched and wasn’t able to find any help.
When I turn remote on after a few seconds I get a red rapid loud beep. It says “Stick Not Centered” (even though they look like they are). I go to calibrate remote, I run sticks around square box without issue then on the next page my physical left dial moves the bubble on the screen back and forth but the target bubble disappears and my only option is to exit out or it will time out. Everything, including batteries is up to date. What’s weird is it says to also calibrate right dial, but spark remote has no right dial. I deleted app on my iPhone X and it all worked fine once then back to same issue. Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!
God bless,
Casey
SIDE QUESTION is left dial supposed to stay where you turn it or spring back to center? I can’t remember how it was but now I think it doesn’t feel right. Mine when I turn it to the left they dial physically stays left and the gimbal slowly rotates down to that position. Then it I want to raise it, I have to scroll the dial all the way right to get camera gimbal to rise. I measured the turning radius of the dial and physically centered it which caused remote to turn on without the “stick not centered” error. This leads me to believe “stick” also refers to the actual dial. Please let me know if your dial stays where you turn it or has some feedback or “spring to center” action. thanks!!!

9850A6E3-88F9-40AB-8DBA-8CAD5E50EF91.jpeg Issue found. Gimbal dial broke and not “centering” so “stick not centered” error COULD include camera gimbal dial.

743B08BA-2ACB-4D81-B243-565ADDC3D00E.jpeg So, I couldn’t find any parts for Sparks RC Model GL100A. My son suggested I pull apart an old MacBook cd drive and with a little tweaking, found the perfect replacement. I put a touch of super glue on edges where the new spring fits in dial’s dog leg groves.

Reactions: Haggi
Did you happen to find the old broken spring in there anywhere..
No I didn’t. Which is crazy. The only thing I can figure is that it fell out through the gap where the wheel dial is. I do recall dropping the remote not to long ago onto a carpeted floor so I assume that’s what made the spring pop off. You can use remote without spring, but because it doesn’t return to the “dead zone” without one automatically, it’s hard to control camera angle smoothly. Not sure if I mentioned this, but a QUICK FIX if this happens to someone is to just physically center the dial when turning remote on, the will make it stop beeping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex