Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The New Firmware updates make the Spark like we wanted it 6 weeks ago.

Thanks: I did as you said, connected via RC and wi-fi, got the 'incompatible' message on each of my remaining batteries and they are now updated. So all should be good - now if only the gale outside would calm down, I could go try it!
Good Luck . I know all will be better for you and you have learned new things about the Spark . Aces High !!!

So i did the update i really hope that i can go further than 100 meters now but am unable to try until tomorrow [emoji36]
You will be fine and like the new improvements . Enjoy think positive . Fun is the word to use not worry . Aces High !!

Playing safe first.... a fly-away drone or drop-from the sky drone = painful experience (& your wallet)... LOL
New updates keep it from the fly away and I have heard some that fell out of the sky were flying in 108 degree weather !!?? ( so stupid ) You can always leave it on the table and just look at it ... its safe that way ... LOL !!! Upgrade and get out there !! Aces High !!!

New updates keep it from the fly away and I have heard some that fell out of the sky were flying in 108 degree weather !!?? ( so stupid ) You can always leave it on the table and just look at it ... its safe that way ... LOL !!! Upgrade and get out there !! Aces High !!!

Excuse my newbism but is there a recommended operating temperature?

Reactions: Sterling Collins
Nothing that should concern you, obviously use common sense and don't leave it sitting in the sun for hours on end before you use it… Or hip deep in an attic circle snowbank…

Reactions: gnuPilot
I have a 95 degree to 100 degrees rule that I follow . I am a 20 year RC Heli and RC plane pilot and I I had the ESC a few times( electronic speed controller ) shut down on me at temps close to 100 degrees . Also the Lipo batteries will get very hot and puff up at 100 degrees and that is not good as you shorten life . Feel your Spark after a flight and it is very warm ( your Spark is a computer -- we keep computers cool so they work right ). I let mine cool for a few min between flights . On the P3A and P4P if you change batteries too soon you get warned of overheating . My batteries over 95 degrees seem to not last as long and I usually cut the flight with 40 % on the battery . I will not fly in 100 degrees ...Period . I usually fly in the morning when cool or evenings when the Sun goes down . I am not saying not to fly in 100 degrees but be very careful as the ESC will overheat at times and when they do they shut down !!! ( drone falls out of sky ) Aces High !!!

Reactions: Boudro and Johnknwd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis