Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tile tracker saved the day!

I am wondering....if it's recommended to turn off the blutooth on my phone when flying, how would slapping a bluetooth locator right on my Spark affect all the electronics. Is it only broadcasting when activated?

I am wondering....if it's recommended to turn off the blutooth on my phone when flying, how would slapping a bluetooth locator right on my Spark affect all the electronics. Is it only broadcasting when activated?
If you have to search, turn it back on.

You can turn off-on BT on your device.

The question is about locator's Bluetooth, being on all the time, and so close to WiFi transmitter of the drone.
Exactly what I meant. Thanx!

Just had my first spark crash in the middle of the woods. About 0.5 miles away from where i took off. Completely my fault, went a little too low and hit some branches somewhere.
I have a little Bluetooth wallet tracker on it.
Even though it's short range, it was a LIFE SAVER.
find my drone got me to the general area but since there are trees and leaves everywhere, and the fact that I was able to eventually find it 5 ft off the ground stuck in a tree, I highly doubt it would have been easy to find.

The tile beeped the path and I was able to find it in 5 mins.
$20 bucks more than paid for itself right there.

Tile is a Bluetooth tracker. The tracking range is too small. I did not use it to track drones, but a tracker with GPS. So that I can track in a wider range without worrying about getting lost outside the tracking range.

Need to crack the tile open find out what voltage it takes an actually hard wire one of them directly end of the DJI battery

The Tile trackers do have a use in close, we have found the cat a few times when she escaped her enclosure early on, before we built 'Alcatraz' for her, lol.

What IS really good too, and used a lot by larger aircraft pilots, is the newer Firehouse Technology ARC XL strobe.
It's a tad big for smaller aircraft, the Spark could handle one on a rear arm I guess, but the 1000 lumens (besides awesome for VLOS) makes it easy to spot if downed in vegetation / canopy or ground . . . plus it has a 90db alarm that goes off if the strobe is on and doesn't move for 4 minutes, hovering is fine to keep it inactive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe