Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wifi issue, landed on its own

You are most welcome. See the two circles on the bottom right of the screenshots I posted? Those are your controller sticks. Click on the Notifications tab of the Airdata link I posted. Then click on HD flight player. You can now play the entire flight and see the arrow (which indicates the AC's heading) move on the map along with the controller stick inputs.

Now coming to the 'obstacle', it may not necessarily be a bird or a real obstacle. The Spark's bottom sensor is known to be very sensitive. Even fog or reflection (from water, snow) triggers it sometimes. Accessories like landing gear, strobe lights installed underneath may also trigger it. Hard to say what really happened in your case, but from a pilot's perspective, make sure you are keeping an eye on the telemetry display always. A flickering altitude reading from a high value (barometer reading) to a low value (bottom sensor reading) tells you that something is wrong. Fly the AC back towards you asap when it happens. Inspect the bottom sensors and clean them if required.
Really appreciate it, this has been very helpful. Is it possible to override or cancel the landing if that ever happens again?

Really appreciate it, this has been very helpful. Is it possible to override or cancel the landing if that ever happens again?

Not sure about this. Throttle up, may be? But typically, when the bottom sensors are triggered, the AC starts gaining altitude on its own. If you have ever attempted to catch the Spark or land it on your palm, you might have seen this. We have to throttle down fully, wait for the AC to go into landing mode and then catch it. But I am not very sure if throttling up after the AC has gone into landing mode will cancel it.

Flying over water or any surface that is uniform and lacks features is known to confuse the bottom sensors. Make sure that RTH or not set to land on loss of connection rather than hover or return (not that that is relevant here as it didn't lose contact). Then make sure you know what you're doing with the sticks; in this case it landed because you brought it down and then continued with left stick down to confirm the landing. I would practice away from the beach and water.
A final point, even though it's a beach it may still be in or near a NFZ. The only way of knowing is to check a VNC on paper or digitally (such as FltPlan.com). Using a mobile app such as AirMap is also an option.

more proof dji dont care about us and ripps us off.. they make a drone 500 bucks affordable but dont make it freqency hop like all other new transmitters do now.. ie futaba has and all the others my 12 year old dx8 even has it but dji dont give a crap.. hey lets sell em a drone cheap and when they find out it sucks they will have to buy another one the mavic to get good video transmissions

more proof dji dont care about us and ripps us off.. they make a drone 500 bucks affordable but dont make it freqency hop like all other new transmitters do now.. ie futaba has and all the others my 12 year old dx8 even has it but dji dont give a crap.. hey lets sell em a drone cheap and when they find out it sucks they will have to buy another one the mavic to get good video transmissions
But there was no loss of connection (see #16), so this is not relevant to the discussion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast