Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A beautiful day... Springs here...

beautiful scenery

Reactions: Surfnut
Nice peaceful and beautiful video! I love the rock colors and contrasts.

I wonder if you guys can offer some advice though? In one of the vids I watched a guy suggested slowing down the Gimball setting to 18 for smoother movement, but it’s just made mine unusable. I have to turn the wheel half a dozen times, and the footage is stiff and jerky, not exactly what I was going for? ? Has anyone found this? Is it just trial and mostly error?

I wonder if you guys can offer some advice though? In one of the vids I watched a guy suggested slowing down the Gimball setting to 18 for smoother movement, but it’s just made mine unusable. I have to turn the wheel half a dozen times, and the footage is stiff and jerky, not exactly what I was going for? ? Has anyone found this? Is it just trial and mostly error?

Go slower on the settings.
The gimbal wheel is also touch sensitive.

A light turn of the wheel results in slower tilting of the camera and with a lower setting could produce smooth shots.

Assign one of the buttons on the remote to quickly tilt the camera up / down if the gimbal speed is too slow for the wheel when you want to reset the camera view.

You can always change the speed later.

Good luck. ?

Very nice scenery. It must be nice living in that big white house on the hill and enjoying that view every day. And by the way, God is spelled with a capital G just so you will know. Its a respect thing. ;)

Than
Go slower on the settings.
The gimbal wheel is also touch sensitive.

A light turn of the wheel results in slower tilting of the camera and with a lower setting could produce smooth shots.

Assign one of the buttons on the remote to quickly tilt the camera up / down if the gimbal speed is too slow for the wheel when you want to reset the camera view.

You can always change the speed later.

Good luck. ?
Thanks Spark. I’m literally finding that with it set on 18, it’s taking about 5 or 6 turns to get it up or down, whether I apply hard or soft pressure. I am planning to do what you suggest on the rear function button. I ll try it again. I just wandered if anyone else had experienced that?

Reactions: McCloudSpark
Than

Thanks Spark. I’m literally finding that with it set on 18, it’s taking about 5 or 6 turns to get it up or down, whether I apply hard or soft pressure. I am planning to do what you suggest on the rear function button. I ll try it again. I just wandered if anyone else had experienced that?
From your post it sounds like you think that you are turning the rotate knob like a screw. I wanted to make sure that you understand the the knob just rotates about 1/4 turn in each direction with a spring return to center. You rotate it left and hold it and the camera will slowly rotate down (and rotate right is up). The farther you turn it the faster the camera moves. Sorry if this is already understood...

From your post it sounds like you think that you are turning the rotate knob like a screw. I wanted to make sure that you understand the the knob just rotates about 1/4 turn in each direction with a spring return to center. You rotate it left and hold it and the camera will slowly rotate down (and rotate right is up). The farther you turn it the faster the camera moves. Sorry if this is already understood...
Thanks McCloud. I don’t think I was understanding that properly. Maybe I was just being impatient. I’ve increased it to 36 now, and I ll give that a try. Thanks again...

Thanks McCloud. I don’t think I was understanding that properly. Maybe I was just being impatient. I’ve increased it to 36 now, and I ll give that a try. Thanks again...
If you are referring to gimbal pitch speed, I usually have it at 10, and it's smooth enough.

It's not need to turn the wheel and release it repeatedly.
If you hold it turned, gimbal moves all the way up or down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme