Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Autopilot+Spark - Flight Mode switch on RC

the shaky video is a symptom of the 2 axis gimble and the wind I think same happened to my footage the wind was gusting up to about 20MPH yhough lol

I have read from a number of forum members here that Autopilot doesn't work with the OTG cable on the Spark and have experienced that myself. But I don't have any technical details as to why not.

But it's definitely not just you.

its because DJI do not support the OTG connection in the SDK litchi is affected in the same way

What I found curious is that I could fly with the cable and autopilot but I could not engage missions that had software control. While I have not tried with Litchi I think it does not work at all with the cable. Regardless I will simply make it work and do the extra steps to get to 2.4 ghz wifi before running autopilot missions. Thanks for the feedback if I come up with any other information I will be sure to relay it.

when you were flying with the cable and autopilot was the flight telemetry updating, hight speed map etc as you can fly the spark with just the remote and no phone/tablet so it may not have been connected at all ?

when you were flying with the cable and autopilot was the flight telemetry updating, hight speed map etc as you can fly the spark with just the remote and no phone/tablet so it may not have been connected at all ?

Good question. I'd be very interested in the answer.

And your point earlier, Dave, that DJI doesn't support OTG in their SDK (true) might be negated here by the fact that Autopilot doesn't use the DJI SDK. They use their own proprietary controller software.

When I plugged in the OTG I got the exact same message as you do in GO4 accessory not supported and then I just cancelled it out.

Yes all telemetry was updating. I could see the map, the AC location, altitude and distance. I know this because I checked range both altitude and distance with RC to verify good connection beyond the proposed mission distances prior to flying the mission.

With the old P3 I had there was a toggle switch, I don't see a way to toggle the mode with the new controllers.

Reactions: Dave woods
yes they do but, third party apps cannot access the features not supported by the firmware and OTG is one of those features although not even officially supported by DJI themselves

When I plugged in the OTG I got the exact same message as you do in GO4 accessory not supported and then I just cancelled it out.

Yes all telemetry was updating. I could see the map, the AC location, altitude and distance. I know this because I checked range both altitude and distance with RC to verify good connection beyond the proposed mission distances prior to flying the mission.

With the old P3 I had there was a toggle switch, I don't see a way to toggle the mode with the new controllers.
ok so it was connected then, possibly if that works then it could be your OTG connector not making a good contact at all times I bought a couple of those very small ones that plug into the female end of the usb cable and they would keep disconnecting at random times, the only mode switch on the spark is the normal/sport button

ok so it was connected then, possibly if that works then it could be your OTG connector not making a good contact at all times I bought a couple of those very small ones that plug into the female end of the usb cable and they would keep disconnecting at random times, the only mode switch on the spark is the normal/sport button

Thanks for your thoughts Dave I appreciate it. I am not inclined to accept that theory but I will consider it. The reason being is that it counts down to the mission but then as soon as it engages you get a RC override message and you are back in RC mode. This is not the case when the OTG is not connected, the missions have run fine. I am no expert but I will keep testing and post any findings. Thanks again.

Thanks for your thoughts Dave I appreciate it. I am not inclined to accept that theory but I will consider it. The reason being is that it counts down to the mission but then as soon as it engages you get a RC override message and you are back in RC mode. This is not the case when the OTG is not connected, the missions have run fine. I am no expert but I will keep testing and post any findings. Thanks again.
Ok I have just connected via OTG and although it does connect to the spark the video and photo button d DO NOT operate, I can confirm your findings that the spark is then able to be flown using the remote with telemetry and GPS shown, I then entered a zip line mission and pressed engage to be presented immediately with the RC dis connected message and not able to fly the mission. So although the aircraft connects to autopilot via OTG and can be flown Missions cannot be programmed and flown using the OTG cable

Attachments

• 20171013_162300.jpg
    20171013_162300.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20171013_162255.jpg
    20171013_162255.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 20171013_161925.jpg
    20171013_161925.jpg
  • 20171013_161921.jpg
    20171013_161921.jpg
  • 20171013_161933.jpg
    20171013_161933.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: RJA
Thanks again Dave, shows exactly what I am talking about. I did not notice the Video and photo issue, good catch. Again this is not the end of the world but I like the OTG as it forces 2.4 and I don't have to manually set it. Other then that I am fine flying without it. I am hopeful there is a patch to either allow OTG or set 2.4 as default. Regards

Reactions: Dave woods
Thanks again Dave, shows exactly what I am talking about. I did not notice the Video and photo issue, good catch. Again this is not the end of the world but I like the OTG as it forces 2.4 and I don't have to manually set it. Other then that I am fine flying without it. I am hopeful there is a patch to either allow OTG or set 2.4 as default. Regards
Yes it's a strange one so it's supported partially but not fully I still believe it to be a symptom of the spark firmware and 3rd party apps as soon as DJI pull their fingers out and support waypoints in the SDK litchi will probably be my point of call for waypoint apps and autopilot for the follow and orbit missions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe