Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Charging Battery Problem DJI Spark

danieljcpsilva

Join
Mar 16, 2018
Hi, I've received my dji spark RTF package recently and realize that there is one battery that is faulty, it does not work.

The other one is fine, it charges correctly and it works fine with the drone.

The problem is with the other battery, it does not charge at all and the charger gives a red light led meaning that there is a problem and that is not charging.

The charger works fine with the other battery.

The battery won't turn on at all no matter what i do.

Theres a link below with a video of me trying to charge the battery, the battery is not hot or whatsoever!

V_20180316_184521_vHDR_On.mp4

Does anyone face any similar situation?

Thanks
Daniel Silva

Hello from the Mid-West, danieljcpsilva.

You may need to contact DJI support for your battery.

I've read that they are shipped in a hibernation mode and may be unable to wake up if they slept too long due to storage?

There's a sweet spot in the battery that keeps it going while sleeping but after a long period of time, the spark of life is gone and the battery turns into a paperweight.

Welcome to the Forum .:cool:

I think you are holding the battery button in too long as well, confusing the battery.

Especially when in the charger.

It is possible to power up the battery without it being attached to the Spark.

There's also a sequence of button taps to select different flight modes with this battery.

The repeated pushing of the buttons in the video may have short circuited the battery?

Put the battery in the charger and leave it for a day to see what happens.

My opinion.

Contact support for yours? :)

Hi Spark 317, thanks for your reply.

I tried everything to power on the battery, i know that there are some pushing sequences on the power button, the problem is that anything works with this battery.
The other battery that i have works fine, i don't think the problem was from the repeated pushes.

I will try to leave the battery more time in the charger and see what happens.

In the meantime i will try to contact dji support.

Thanks
Daniel Silva

I would call CS at dji and in about 6-8 months you’ll probably get a new one. I returned something back in November 2017, and just got an email telling me they are going to refund.. still no money as of yet though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme