Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Is there a version for ios? I used the mod on my samsung phone t works great btw but i switched too ipad mini 2 because the screen is bigger so is there anyway or download for the ipad btw great work thanks..

It's been the same version for months, there's no need to update it, if only because DJI has not added any features (and likely won't anymore) to the Spark.

im confused i asked if theres a version for ios i have a ipad i use now...? oh dji does this on purpose why the spark and any of their drones with a gps hardware can receive waypoints etc.. they only lock it out in the app so you are forced to buy the bigger drones.. which is wrong....soo wrong.. they would rather release a whole new drone then fix or patch or do anything for us...

Gosh Folks... I am tired of the official DJI go app 4. Locks onto CE mode, video choppy and very unstable.

I down load this mod. But, wow, this forum has allotted to get through. All I want is some basic instructions like:
1. Why would you install the MOD version and the official App on the same phone?
2. Could the MOD version work by itself without the official App on the phone?
3. Does the MOD version also sync to your actual account. Eg. Your flight record?
4. I did install the MOD version, noticed it is in FCC mode, but there is no signal strength. Is that normal?
5. Well I guess over voided my warranty.
6. How to use way points

Will be great if some of these are in a single page thread

Downloaded the Go Mod app (not lite) today incase my search to a good app for waypoints.

Have some questions to you guys users of it....

- How can you fix the blank-map-problem? Is there a workaround?

- Are the flight records syncable with the official dji go app?

- Does all the flight modes work? Tripod, waypoints etc.

- Is there a option to make waypoints routes offline and save? You will spend a lot of battery when its only possible if the spark is "online"....

If everything works maybe it is a good, or better, alternative than the Litchi app...

Thnx!

I appreciate the chance of getting an iOS version close to zero.
thats not cool of you to say im a android user but i switched to ios because the screen is bigger i got a deal on a ipad 80 bucks from a auction house almost never used...

new old stock sorta ... anyway it would be nice to be able to use this on the ios..... reason i got it the screen is 2 times brighter than any cell phone i can see it in daylight and its easier for my 50 year old eyes to see... now i just need the waypoints.. and im set.. but i dont want to buy litchi as you have to use wifi i prefer using a cable its faster not much lag...

thats not cool of you to say im a android user but i switched to ios because the screen is bigger i got a deal on a ipad 80 bucks from a auction house almost never used...
That's not my fault. Apple only allows verified programs to install. However, this modified version is not official and "DJI approved" and therefore porting is almost pointless.

new old stock sorta ... anyway it would be nice to be able to use this on the ios..... reason i got it the screen is 2 times brighter than any cell phone i can see it in daylight and its easier for my 50 year old eyes to see... now i just need the waypoints.. and im set.. but i dont want to buy litchi as you have to use wifi i prefer using a cable its faster not much lag...
The display is brighter to compared to what? I.e. the Samsung Galaxy S8 is near two times brighter then the iPad Mini 4, as far I know only the Note 8/9 and the DJI CrystalSky displays are brighter. And for the last point I use Litchi successful with OTG cable, no issues at all.

ok well say that instead of sounding like na i hate apple products etc.. how you said it made it look like you didnt want too...

not because theres a problem.. ok what ill do ill use both devices if i want waypoints ill switch to my phone if i want clarity ill use the tablet

That's not my fault. Apple only allows verified programs to install. However, this modified version is not official and "DJI approved" and therefore porting is almost pointless.

The display is brighter to compared to what? I.e. the Samsung Galaxy S8 is near two times brighter then the iPad Mini 4, as far I know only the Note 8/9 and the DJI CrystalSky displays are brighter. And for the last point I use Litchi successful with OTG cable, no issues at all.

i have a ipad mini 2 and a note 3 the note 3 is not very bright.. the ipad is double the brightness

ok well say that instead of sounding like na i hate apple products etc.. how you said it made it look like you didnt want too...

not because theres a problem.. ok what ill do ill use both devices if i want waypoints ill switch to my phone if i want clarity ill use the tablet
Easy, I do not hate Apple or any other company. ;)

i have a ipad mini 2 and a note 3 the note 3 is not very bright.. the ipad is double the brightness
Check out the Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO list, there are a good reference for device brightness etc.

yea thats why i choose the ipad mini 2 its all i could afford.. everytthing else was 200 dollar or more... i paid 90 bucks for the ipad and i had the note 3 already the sad thing is the note 3 has a ton of memory and its faster.... im having issues with alittle lag on the ipad even though its otg cabled.. maybe i have open programs im about to test it now plus i left on my wifi maybe that was interfering and it was 5.8 ghz im swtiching to 2.4 on the app

Reactions: sidewayz
Anyone else having dissatisfying video transmission range with this mod?
Im using FCC mode (11 channels) in Europe but my video transmission keeps disrupting and freezing in mid air, forcing me to rth and exit the app in order to restore video.
Usually anything from 100-300m will disconnect the video feed out of nowhere. Only manage to go like 650m in a open field. When using the OTG cable, the active channels don't show, but it still feels a little better then the phone wifi option. The rc and drone have the latest firmware
What could be wrong here? Surely the spark could do better then this in FCC mode? Using an Honor 8 phone

Last edited:
Spark can do a lot better than 300m in FCC mode.

Maybe the area you are flying has much interference.

If it's happening everywhere, then maybe it's a hardware problem.

Anyone else having dissatisfying video transmission range with this mod?
Im using FCC mode (11 channels) in Europe but my video transmission keeps disrupting and freezing in mid air, forcing me to rth and exit the app in order to restore video.
Usually anything from 100-300m will disconnect the video feed out of nowhere. Only manage to go like 650m in a open field. When using the OTG cable, the active channels don't show, but it still feels a little better then the phone wifi option. The rc and drone have the latest firmware
What could be wrong here? Surely the spark could do better then this in FCC mode? Using an Honor 8 phone
Are you use OTG cable? If no, you get a prompt message when you are in CE region and fly with FCC. The question on the prompt message is if you want to switch from FCC to CE. You can click on cancel and you are still be in FCC mode. I don't get prompt messages about region when i'm connected with OTG. Try it out. If you are still see 11 channels of 2.4G in the original DJI 4 Go app, you are still in FCC.
Distances of 1000+m is not unique with FCC and OTG connected.

With the mod app, how do you sync the flight record? I've tried and it says sync failed.

Also, how do you sync the flight record from your mod app to the original flight record in the full DJI go app?

Hi Everybody!
I installed GO4 MOD 2.0 and downloaded the offline map on Google Maps, but it does not work in GO4. Offline map is not loaded.
What is the problem? :confused:Screenshot_20180930-132445.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers