Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI go app 4.1.18 on Android killed the OTG cable support!?!

The original otg cable that came in the box with spark when I bought it. I just finished looking at the dji go 4 app again 4.1.18. Top of app screen says 29% battery power left in red and 4min 37 seconds of flight time left on bar at top of app
That s weird....it seems to fail for everybody...

the aircraft told me i was flying at maximum height

Things that make you go ????o_O

It happened to me for the first time while doing a Tiny Planet (spherical) shot the other day (Mini4 w/ remote. WiFi connection).

As I flew up to get in position, I got the warning and I wasn't over 100 feet.
I landed, checked my settings, nothing changed, launched again and had no further problems.

Beats me what happened.

The original otg cable that came in the box with spark when I bought it. I just finished looking at the dji go 4 app again 4.1.18. Top of app screen says 29% battery power left in red and 4min 37 seconds of flight time left on bar at top of app
Is your device Apple? It was only Android that seemed to be affected with the OTG issue.

I doubt it was not intentionnal but I want to believe you....

Reactions: Andy S
Hi,

I talked to DJI support about the problems. Demanding working OTG, explaining why it is very important, especially in Europe (very low range in CE mode). Support guy was very understanding, asked back and told me, it's just a bug and they will fix it. They did not disable anything, they just don't really test it.

Please, everyone talk to DJI support, too. To make it clear, OTG is a much needed feature. Maybe we even can get "offical" support if we are loud enough?

- Oliver

Hi fellow flyers,

I am using the new Nokia 8 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat). I have constant "No signal", "Disconnection" and video lag with DJI Go ver. 4.1.18. until the recent patch which clears up the signal loss and disconnection issue. However, when I do an OTG connection, I still do get the N/A status for Spark's battery, signal, Satellites and so on.

I uninstall it and reinstall ver. 4.1.15 and all problems solved. OTG works fine again.

lol, that thread got epic quickly.

wish there was less fanboy posturing/chinese support robots and more hard information coming from dji about how they will solve the problem. its always hidden in fog when you're dealing with chinese companies as they have 0 responsibility to consumers. if dji gave a poop they would have scrapped that version from the app store instantly and solved the problem, but nothing has been done. my opinion is soon they will force us into using 18+ and we'll be in big trouble as android users, unless you want to cough up for CS. i also don't believe it was an accident, if telemetry was totally dead, maybe, but it sure looks like OTG was singled out. hopefully the community uproar forces their hand into a good, permanent android solution that doesn't cost us all another 600$ (more than the drone itself). if they spent as much time addressing important consumer issues as they did blasting their black friday sale and fapple mavic pro version, we'd all be in a better position.

i'm fairly sure the thread will get banned or deleted sometime soon, the 'rules' basically say you can't say anything negative. the forum policy reads like a communist manifesto written by chairman mao himself.

that all being said, i love(d) my spark, its a great piece of equipment i've enjoyed immensely, but without a quality video feed from wifi or otg, i'll be forced to sell it. then i won't buy a dji product ever again because i disagree with their practices. i feel especially bad for the euro crew because the laws there make your drone a very oddly shaped paperweight without otg. i'm even more worried this is the first of many 'issues' that will eventually force everyone onto overpriced fapple products if they won't buy their cs.

Reactions: king2k3k4
Hello all,

Is it happening for all of you at least on Android?? After 4.1.18 update I dont get GPS status nor battery status anymore using otg cable...it says N/A for both status.

Did they really just do that and cut off otg support!?!

Same thing happened to me. I rolled back GO4 to 4.1.15 and now works. Have all flight info

What a mess that update was! Had multiple failures after take off, press RTH at which point it shot off away from the take off point. Fortunately signal was lost very quickly and it did a normal automatic return home. I should have never taken off as it was showing no telemetry but I really didn't expect it to head off in such an uncontrolled fashion. I won't be taking it for another flight until I've rolled back the app version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uzziel Jiménez
Wow folks. One thing I am sure of and have seen posted by DJI on their Spark forum is that the otg glitch is not intentional and they are working on getting this resolved with the next version. Believe the best not the worst.

Reactions: Seanjo
Just came back from a whole day in the field trying to stick to wifi only with the RC.

6 of 7 flights had not too much video lag, but one was terrible.

On 2 flights the aircraft told me i was flying at maximum height and maximum distance and i was only 30 mt high and like 40 mts away...weird, this has never happened to me. Not sure if it s wifi/otg related or a coincidence of something else. After landing and rebooting both spark and rc proble went away.

I already miss my otg cable....will consider going back to 4.1.15....but for how long...?
Mine does that almost every flight. No OTG, but eventually it lets me continue on.

i saw no difference i installed both to try. someone said one might be better for tablets but i didn't see a difference, i'm using the 2 on my zen pad 8

I can't for the life of me install the 4.1.15. I have even removed the previous version and did a restart. The apk will not show in the downloads folder of the os. But it will show up in a separate file explorer. I have unknown sources turned on too. When I attempted to install I get stuck at the point when it asks to cancel or install. The install button is grayed out.[emoji31]
I have had this thing for 2 weeks. So since this update came out. I'm really not happy with the crap connection and would love to try it with the otg that I had also purchased. Any help would be great.
I'm running a Nexus 6 verson7.1.1.

Same thing here on a Nexus 6P. Had to revert to 4.1.15 on APK Mirror. Besides to not getting all the data (battery, GPS, etc) the transmission was solid and I flew a couple hundred meters without a glitch.

I then tried to give Wifi another shot but it's useless. My biggest problem flying with Wifi instead of OTG is that the phone switches to a nearby wifi that DOES have internet. (Maybe an Android Oreo thing). It just does that which actually makes some sense. Why wouldn't it give priority with a connection WITH internet?? If you're in the middle of nowhere, that wouldn't be a problem.

4.1.15 is solid. I'll just stick to it. I assume the problem on 4.1.18 was not intentional from DJI. My son has an iPhone and on iOS, 4.1.18, OTG is still working just fine.

I'm confident 4.1.19 will fix the OTG on Android.

Disable smart network change in Android, that will prevent you from looking for a connection that has internet.

Reactions: Rodrigo Herrera
Thanks for that. But there are 2 "variants"... One starts with "1", the other starts with a "2"...I don't see any difference in the descriptions... Which one is correct? Both?

Thanks
-
Bill

The 2 seems to be for tablets and the one for devices with smaller screen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh