Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI go app 4.1.18 on Android killed the OTG cable support!?!

Just tried the latest patch - same problem... Had to roll back to 4.1.15. :(

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7
That's disappointing. Just have to hope it's in the next update.

I'm pretty annoyed. Just got the spark, flew it the previous weekend with an OTG and now I can't.

Being in the UK on Android, without OTG the WiFi will only work on 5.8ghz RC to drone (if I switch to 2.4ghz, the phone can't connect to the RC on 5.8ghz), so my maximum range is 300m. I feel like I've been mis-sold a product on a promise that I could expect 500m range. On Android this only seems to be achievable via an OTG. I'm within 30 days of purchase so am tempted to go back for a refund on the basis it doesn't perform as advertised

Same here... I just purchased it and I am pretty disappointed with the app, but I am confident that the issue will be addressed and the problem will be solved shortly... hopefully :(

That's disappointing. Just have to hope it's in the next update.

I'm pretty annoyed. Just got the spark, flew it the previous weekend with an OTG and now I can't.

Being in the UK on Android, without OTG the WiFi will only work on 5.8ghz RC to drone (if I switch to 2.4ghz, the phone can't connect to the RC on 5.8ghz), so my maximum range is 300m. I feel like I've been mis-sold a product on a promise that I could expect 500m range. On Android this only seems to be achievable via an OTG. I'm within 30 days of purchase so am tempted to go back for a refund on the basis it doesn't perform as advertised

i do not sell it is a great drone..and i am in europe (italy) and i am compelled to the current rules as the wi-fi is very limited i use the otg and android cable and i have reached the 1800 meters even if i use the i wi-fi even at 200 meters as we said another member of the forum will see if there will be news in future updates

lol, that thread got epic quickly.

wish there was less fanboy posturing/chinese support robots and more hard information coming from dji about how they will solve the problem. its always hidden in fog when you're dealing with chinese companies as they have 0 responsibility to consumers. if dji gave a poop they would have scrapped that version from the app store instantly and solved the problem, but nothing has been done. my opinion is soon they will force us into using 18+ and we'll be in big trouble as android users, unless you want to cough up for CS. i also don't believe it was an accident, if telemetry was totally dead, maybe, but it sure looks like OTG was singled out. hopefully the community uproar forces their hand into a good, permanent android solution that doesn't cost us all another 600$ (more than the drone itself). if they spent as much time addressing important consumer issues as they did blasting their black friday sale and fapple mavic pro version, we'd all be in a better position.

i'm fairly sure the thread will get banned or deleted sometime soon, the 'rules' basically say you can't say anything negative. the forum policy reads like a communist manifesto written by chairman mao himself.

that all being said, i love(d) my spark, its a great piece of equipment i've enjoyed immensely, but without a quality video feed from wifi or otg, i'll be forced to sell it. then i won't buy a dji product ever again because i disagree with their practices. i feel especially bad for the euro crew because the laws there make your drone a very oddly shaped paperweight without otg. i'm even more worried this is the first of many 'issues' that will eventually force everyone onto overpriced fapple products if they won't buy their cs.
Your post may get deleated as the moderator don't like negative posts regarding DJI. No democracy here.

Surprised this thread is still going - I got an update through the play store last Saturday that fixed the issues for me..

Surprised this thread is still going - I got an update through the play store last Saturday that fixed the issues for me..
What is the version number? I haven't heard of anyone who has this working on 4.1.18, OTG with Android. Wifi connection from the phone to RC works perfectly, but not with the cable.

It was a 4.1.18, bit I have no idea what build number, as I got a new one this morning, which I haven't tried yet. The one from this morning is 432-googlePlay, thus the one from last Saturday had probably been lower than that.

Many thanks! P 4 4.1.15 now installed!
Can anyone supply screen shots for the exact steps for getting the 4.1.15 for androids? The link provided leads to much confusion on finding the correct link for downloading the 4.1.15. Much appreciated.

Can anyone supply screen shots for the exact steps for getting the 4.1.15 for androids? The link provided leads to much confusion on finding the correct link for downloading the 4.1.15. Much appreciated.
First page: scroll down till you see this. There is 2 variants. The one that starts with a 1 is for phones. The other that starts with a 2 is for tablets. Pick the one you need.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171130-025341.png
    Screenshot_20171130-025341.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 85
Second page: scroll down till you see this. Click on Download Apk. The download should start.
Don't feel bad. I had a f@*& of a time too with this link.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171130-025359.png
    Screenshot_20171130-025359.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 78
May not be 'new' news, but just came off of an online chat with DJI. I specifically asked if they intend to reintroduce a fix for OTG and they said that it is their intention and engineers are working on it. No commitment to a time frame, but did reiterate multiple times that they plan to support it officially for android.

Oh man, so glad I found this thread! I received my Spark a couple days ago and had been beating my head on the wall trying to figure out the N/A issue w/ the OTG cable and Android. I will admit that I got the battery info to show up once, but could not replicate it. I tried a lot of resets with wifi and the app and finally was about to give up. Downgrading to 4.1.15 seemed to work and I plan to take it for its first test flight tomorrow. I'm hoping 4.1.19 fixes the issue...

Oh man, so glad I found this thread! I received my Spark a couple days ago and had been beating my head on the wall trying to figure out the N/A issue w/ the OTG cable and Android. I will admit that I got the battery info to show up once, but could not replicate it. I tried a lot of resets with wifi and the app and finally was about to give up. Downgrading to 4.1.15 seemed to work and I plan to take it for its first test flight tomorrow. I'm hoping 4.1.19 fixes the issue...
I think everyone needs to get onto DJI using online chat or email and make sure they're aware of the level of dissatisfaction. Personally I thought I'd buy the Spark as a stop-gap waiting for the next generation of Mavic to come out. This was the opportunity for DJI to prove me wrong after terrible experiences with the current Mavic. For a week of the Spark (4 flights with the OTG cable) I thought they'd done it, but it seems having a product working as advertised was too good to be true! I've lost faith in them completely and this may be the thing that stops me upgrading in the future. I bought the Mavic originally but had to return for a replacement and could not get a working one (first one had an under-capacity battery, second one had over 100 dead pixels on the controller screen). I gave up and went for the Spark. Overall it's frustrating because DJI have killed off the competition but aren't offering a satisfactory service. They effectively have a monopoly which is not good for the industry. They seriously need a decent competitor to make them up their game in terms of service and reliability.

Reactions: king2k3k4
They are working on getting it fixed. I have even gone as far as suggesting to them to make a separate app just for the spark. It would simply the app to not have to make it compatible with the whole Dji line-up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar