Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI go app 4.1.18 on Android killed the OTG cable support!?!

Yanickma

Join
Oct 6, 2017
Hello all,

Is it happening for all of you at least on Android?? After 4.1.18 update I dont get GPS status nor battery status anymore using otg cable...it says N/A for both status.

Did they really just do that and cut off otg support!?!

Hello all,

Is it happening for all of you at least on Android?? After 4.1.18 update I dont get GPS status nor battery status anymore using otg cable...it says N/A for both status.

Mine was like that. I reinstalled the firmware and all is well. I use Android.

as for me. i have tried everything . it won't work with my new OTG or my old ones. i even thought some cables will not work. once i connected to the cable for a two second it totally went off grey colour with my htc u11.

Hello all,

I have same problem.....sucks.

Which firmware did you reinstall? The RC's?
Good question....i assumed he meant the app but now that i read better he said firmware..

So is it the app you reinstalled or the whole spark fw or the RC fw?

We would appreciate more details
Several have the issue and you seem to have found a possible solution.

Good question....i assumed he meant the app but now that i read better he said firmware..

So is it the app you reinstalled or the whole spark fw or the RC fw?

We would appreciate more details
Several have the issue and youbseem to have found a possible solution.
I reinstalled the RC's firmware, that did not help.

I have uninstalled 4.1.18 and reverted back to 4.1.15 and OTG works fine. [emoji16]
Yes i guess this works but Jake Deer seems to say he was able to fix it reinstalling some fw and staying on 4.1.18

I wouldnt be surprised they will force us to get off 4.1.15 soon hence why im interested in a solution on 4.1.18

Someone else alreadry tried reinstalling rc fw and it didnt work. Only thing left is reinstall spark fw or reinstall the 4.1.18 app

I agree.

I tried re-installing the app numerous times but no joy.

Gonna stay on 4.1.15 as long as I can. Tested the WIFI range on .18 and for me was rubbish compared to OTG.

Reactions: Sparkster
Yes have to agree, OTG cable is no more [emoji26]
Just done the lasted dji go app update released today on Android... Shame

I really don't understand why dji does something like that. Why? What could be the problem? Don't sell more Mavics? They don't understand that people like me NEVER are going to buy a Mavic because price. They are so good manufacturers but so bad in marketing than don't understand that are selling more Sparks than Mavics because it is smaller, easy to carry, etc?
They don't understand that trying to maintain Spark in a low profile to avoid "eat" selling of Mavics will open the door for other manufacturers that don't avoid with such vehemence let us be free for enjoy their products.

I really don't understand why dji does something like that. Why? What could be the problem? Don't sell more Mavics? They don't understand that people like me NEVER are going to buy a Mavic because price. They are so good manufacturers but so bad in marketing than don't understand that are selling more Sparks than Mavics because it is smaller, easy to carry, etc?
They don't understand that trying to maintain Spark in a low profile to avoid "eat" selling of Mavics will open the door for other manufacturers that don't avoid with such vehemence let us be free for enjoy their products.
I heard apple have shares in dji...based on what they are doing I would not doubt it. Not everyone can afford an ipad or iphone. Its like they are forcing everyone to buy an apple product to fly their brand drones. Bad marketing practice if you ask me. I personally feel the consumer already spent alot of money to buy a dji drone, and they have the right to use what ever device they can afford to fly their dji drones....after all you own the drone...not dji! I have a ipad mini 4...but I prefer to use my samsung J5 or J7 to fly my spark as it feels much more comfortable in my hand inserted into my contorller.

I heard apple have shares in dji...based on what they are doing I would not doubt it. Not everyone can afford an ipad or iphone. Its like they are forcing everyone to buy an apple product to fly their brand drones. Bad marketing practice if you ask me. I personally feel the consumer already spent alot of money to buy a dji drone, and they have the right to use what ever device they can afford to fly their dji drones....after all you own the drone...not dji! I have a ipad mini 4...but I prefer to use my samsung J5 or J7 to fly my spark as it feels much more comfortable in my hand inserted into my contorller.
Totally agree.

I reinstalled all the spark fw hoping it would help. Same results. Otg is dead with 4.1.18

You are totally right. It s insane you spend 800 on a dji drone and you re almost forced to spend another 800 to buy the latest high end phone. This is ridiculous.

I kind of saw it coming. My previous phone was useless using spark with wifi. Totally useless no decent live video feed at all. I had to spend an extra 300 to buy a used xperia z5 premium. Even then i was using otg for peace of mind. I was not happy having to buy a phone just for the drone but i was sure they were going to cut this off soon.

If i still had my previous phone today this drone would have become totally useless. This is a shame. I just did some test with the xperia and wifi to RC. Luckily it seems to work fine....so far.

Yet totally unfair for someone that has a phone that is giving issue with wifi. This is really lame. The usb port is there, there is nothing to add on their side, they just decided to turn a switch off in the software to screw everyone for no reason.

Totally agree.

I reinstalled all the spark fw hoping it would help. Same results. Otg is dead with 4.1.18

You are totally right. It s insane you spend 800 on a dji drone and you re almost forced to spend another 800 to buy the latest high end phone. This is ridiculous.

I kind of saw it coming. My previous phone was useless using spark with wifi. Totally useless no decent live video feed at all. I had to spend an extra 300 to buy a used xperia z5 premium. Even then i was using otg for peace of mind. I was not happy having to buy a phone just for the drone but i was sure they were going to cut this off soon.

If i still had my previous phone today this drone would have become totally useless. This is a shame. I just did some test with the xperia and wifi to RC. Luckily it seems to work fine....so far.

Yet totally unfair for someone that has a phone that is giving issue with wifi. This is really lame. The usb port is there, there is nothing to add on their side, they just decided to turn a switch off in the software to screw everyone for no reason.
Here is what i did. Delete the app 4.1.18 and install 4.1.15 otg works again..the battery info etc back on screen.1511567740448.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme