Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark introduction

Have you tired hand gesture flight on your Spark ?

• Yes, used it a few times

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Yes, only the once (or twice)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No, never

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
Came up on my recommended videos.
Thought I'd share here.

Seems like long ago, the reactions of the crowd show just how advanced the Spark was.

I remembered seeing that video. I have had my Spark since 2017 and have never tried the hand gestures, probably because I purchased the controller shortly after getting my Spark.

Chris

Had mine since 2018 and like you I have never tried it. Having chopped, well cut deeply, into my thumb when I made a Horlicks of a palm landing I have passed that manoeuvre to my RC! Brilliant though and I might give it a go sometime.

I remembered seeing that video. I have had my Spark since 2017 and have never tried the hand gestures, probably because I purchased the controller shortly after getting my Spark.

Chris
Had mine since 2018 and like you I have never tried it. Having chopped, well cut deeply, into my thumb when I made a Horlicks of a palm landing I have passed that manoeuvre to my RC! Brilliant though and I might give it a go sometime.
Ha ha, I've never tried the hand gestures either, guess I just love flying it too much using the finer controls.

Edit - Added a poll re hand gesture flight, please contribute your input :)

I got mine 2nd hand, son stopped flying the Spark as often, had his P3 as well, so I got it to keep it flying / in good order.
As I already had the M1P and was of course used to controller flying.

Wasn't aware they originally came with or without a controller, interesting !

Have the gesture controls changed at all ?
I was always hesitant to try it thinking it was too dangerous, but seeing the video it's quite simple.
Want to be careful with waving it away without rear sensors, but as long as you know how far it'll go for sure, and aware of it, all ok I guess.

Hand gesture flight is good for selfies though, so not my thing . . . but curious to give it a go sometime when the situation is right.

I've never used gestures either. My first Spark decided to fly away never to be seen again and no amount waving at it changed its mind...

• Haha
Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
Я лично использовал такой режим несколько раз. Очень интересно, всегда получалось. Делал в основном фото. И сам, и с родственниками.

Я лично использовал такой режим несколько раз. Очень интересно, всегда получалось. Делал в основном фото. И сам, и с родственниками.

Google Translate...

"I have personally used this mode several times. Very interesting, it always worked out. I took mostly photos. Both himself and with relatives."

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Mihay.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Google Translate...

Привет из Хузер Хартленда Mihay.

Добро пожаловать на форум. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe