Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Owners - What generation/age?

Age Ranges of Spark Owners

• Total voters
As a "millenial" I should probably be offended but I'm not. This is very true of many people my age. Personally, I've already read the Spark manual, twice.

You the man. Don't be like the rest of "those millennials" :D

And the "disposable income" to support it . .
For sure Nikon1, put 23 years in my prior career and now reaping the rewards, can sit back and do nothing if I so desire, my time is my time, not the jobs time!

That's not been my experience with millenials. I'm in the outdoors a lot and find them there in good numbers. Partly I suppose because it is the largest generation since my Baby Boomer group.

Reactions: Advexure
Man this poll has really evened out from where it was a couple weeks back...

Gen X - 46

Another view is the "over 50's" have the financial means to drop money on things like this without straining our budget as much. Or, that same age group isn't dropping $8.00 two or three times a day at StarBucks so they can afford these hobbies?

I'm just glad I am where I am in life. As someone in another thread said, I want to spend my earnings. With no kids (my wife and I are our own) to leave it to, we want to enjoy it.

I agree but my 2 kids are trying to talk me out of that idea

And the "disposable income" to support it . . . as well as the wives to tell us to "Go fly that thing and give me a break."

Well, that's what I hear from my wife, anyway.

My wife's is "dont you have a drone to go fly?"

That's not been my experience with millenials. I'm in the outdoors a lot and find them there in good numbers. Partly I suppose because it is the largest generation since my Baby Boomer group.

Not wanting to cast Shade on the "Echo Boomers" but I feel in my 66 year old Angry White Guy brain that the more we expect from this group the more they prove us wrong...again I have my children (19 and 25) to thank for this belief...now if this was on a facebook page, snapchat, instagram etc. the count might be higher then what shows

61 on May 20th still a kid at heart. just got the spark and loving it but I Have one getting married and a 21 year old to worry about......wow.

Relatively expensive product for younger people especially after purchasing somewhat necessary/important accessories for the spark to be useful (case, controller, extra batteries, filters, micro sd cards, etc.).

Well so far the Mavic age is 50..I am very surprised about the 21-30 age group, these guys are the techies and selfie generation. Most likely just not in the budget... :(

As one of the 9, I was also surprised by that. My guess is that forums aren't as popular with the younger crowd compared to older generations. And I agree it can be hard justifying a $500 toy.

Hi, I’m 55. Just got a spark a month ago. Most millenniums would rather be inside & fly a vertual reality aircraft, I can see some benefits in the idea. Lower price, less regulations, & a reset button when things go pear shape. I prefer the challenges of the real world.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67