Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Owners - What generation/age?

Age Ranges of Spark Owners

• Total voters
You guys are kinda right. Im 39 and had to save a bit and make sure ot was the "right time in my budget" to make a $500.00 investment. Wife, kid,dogs,car. If all thats squared away wifey thinks same way.... I work really hard at a physical job 6 days a week. If im not buying tools I deserve a nice toy.

I’m part of the 51-60 crowd. :) However, no empty nest for me with a 7 year old daughter. Disposable income is whenever the wife says yes. To have her tell me several times this summer she’s glad I bought a drone is music to my ears.

I just don't know how I ever had time to work!! LOL
Thank God for relatively good health and the means to hobby at different things.
I have been bitten by the drone bug bigtime. As a retired Aerospace Tech building a racer drone
was a great challenge. Now I have built 2 and have another in the works. I'm even building one for my buddy. They are so fast and agile its all that I can do to keep up at all.
On the other hand The Spark is my Photo Drone. I take
it out in the desert and play around with photos and videos. Much more relaxing.
I have also picked up a couple of other drones a Hubsan 201s , 2 f36 mini drones as training platforms and a Yuneec Breeze Just because it was only $149. :)
I actually put a FPV camera on my F36 Furibee drone.

I haven't been temped to much before but the Mavic II zoom is really looking good!!! I should be test flying my neighbors (brand new) Mavic pro II this Thursday morning.

36. Married, kids, house, master’s degree, the works. I’m a bit surprised that the older folk fit in to the highest ownership bracket. My guess is that this wouldn’t be the same in regards to DJI’s more expensive models. The Spark is a cheap and easy way to get in to the hobby.
While I’m not a millennial, I think it’s important to recognize that many from this demographic are the most tech-savvy when it comes to our hobby. Many of the best YouTube channels and post-editing tutorials come from guys who are in their 20’s. I’ve learned far more from them than any other age bracket. There’s obviously the millennial stereotype (which is often accurate), yet there’s a great deal of value and knowledge that can be learned from the young guys. Almost all of the best video projects and drone movies were created by guys younger than me. As for the 50+ year olds, most of the video uploads I see from this group are far more simplistic, non-cinematic and somewhat rudimentary. This is by no means an insult, but rather evidence that their technology skills aren’t as unique. There are obviously exceptions to the rule from both sides.....

37yo from Argentina, I enjoy my Spark so much, I travel to the USA every year (I’m a fan of Walt Disney World), I practice ski and snowboard! I live in the city but my beach house is my passion.

I love to travel, life is so great and short!

37 y/o aerospace engineer here. In my experience with the people around me, €500-€1500 toys are in that category that people start wondering whether they really need it, if they can afford it or want to spend it on home improvement, kids study funds, etc. Had it been €500,- that would probably have the threahold of “kinda expensive, but not expensive enough to spend lots of time contemplating the decision...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme