Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Noob Questions - First time Drone user

yves

Join
Aug 23, 2017
Hello hello, just bought myself a Spark Combo with RC, tried it out for a few weeks and I have a couple of questions:
  • After I paired the RC with the Spark I cannot find the Spark's wifi when I dont't use the RC. It means I can only fly my Spark with the RC unless I hold the Spark's power button for several seconds in order to hear the 1 -2 -3 beeps which resets the Wifi. Then I can find the Sparks's wifi again but i need to re-pair with RC when I want to use it etc... What am I doing wrong here ? Am I missing something ?
  • When I fly and use a quickshot, after i stop my quickshot i cannot use my camera for either photo or video. the red camera button is a bit greyed out and doesnt work until i land and refly.
Hopefully someone can help me out on these issues/ Mamy Thx

Hello hello, just bought myself a Spark Combo with RC, tried it out for a few weeks and I have a couple of questions:
  • After I paired the RC with the Spark I cannot find the Spark's wifi when I dont't use the RC. It means I can only fly my Spark with the RC unless I hold the Spark's power button for several seconds in order to hear the 1 -2 -3 beeps which resets the Wifi. Then I can find the Sparks's wifi again but i need to re-pair with RC when I want to use it etc... What am I doing wrong here ? Am I missing something ?
  • When I fly and use a quickshot, after i stop my quickshot i cannot use my camera for either photo or video. the red camera button is a bit greyed out and doesnt work until i land and refly.
Hopefully someone can help me out on these issues/ Mamy Thx
Asked the same thing myself a couple of days ago. You can only have RC or mobile device set to go, not both.
Q2, i'm still learning about that and will watch for more informed response.

Reactions: zztinker
Asked the same thing myself a couple of days ago. You can only have RC or mobile device set to go, not both.
Q2, i'm still learning about that and will watch for more informed response.
But that doesn't make any sense because it doesn't allow you to fly and control when you take off from your palm and do gesture piloting

You can do gesture control and having the RC-wifi linked with your Device, and so with your Spark at same time, in case that you need it.
I always activate on iPhone my RC wifi with the Spark before i use Gesture control, so i'm always in control.
After that i can take off from palm, with the double click of the power button, facing yourself, and use Gesture control.

Last edited:
Every time you switch between using rc's Wi-Fi and the drone's you have to reset the drone's Wi-Fi (By holding the power button down for 6 seconds). It's in the DJI tutorials.

Reactions: yves
You have to reset Wifi( power button 6 or 9 sec) if you switch from RC to Phone/tablet control!!!
I only use RC or Gesture control and i have never have to reset wifi(with power button 6/9 sec).
This is only for switching control between RC and Phone/Tablet!

Reactions: yves
Every time you switch between using rc's Wi-Fi and the drone's you have to reset the drone's Wi-Fi (By holding the power button down for 6 seconds). It's in the DJI tutorials.
you are right also William!!
sorry didn't read y'r reply

To the second question, others had that and a similar issue a while ago and DJI said they were fixing it within the next few updates. My guess is they have higher priorities atm... Drones falling out of the sky for instance xD easiest fix, pair it with phone or RC before takeoff as JMR says.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme