Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!
Well the Android phone is always connected to RC via 2.4ghz, and RC to Spark via 5.8ghz. The goal is to tell RC to connect to Spark via 2.4ghz.
You can't unless you use an otg cable, in this way you free the RC to use the better band to connect to the drone... This is the only reason because I am stuck in 4.1.15 app version.

Anyone know if any functionality is lost going to 4.1.15?

Well it appears we can make the RC speak to spark on 2.4ghz without otg.
I did it selecting a a 2.4ghz channel, then restarted spark, and then I see 2.4gz next to the WiFi symbol on the app.

Anyone know if any functionality is lost going to 4.1.15?

I'm not sure that functionality is lost, but I do believe, after reading for dozens of hours, that the latest firmware update which I think was in December 2017 has reduced the number of fly aways. So reducing the firmware, in my mind, may allow you to connect an Android device directly to the RC with an OTC cable, but at what cost? I'm not sure I'm ready to take that chance and use older outdated firmware. It is a tough one though, because apparently a lot of the fly aways are caused by disconnections, but if using an OTG cable increases stability in the connections, it may be a better thing. It's one of those things that I think you could drive yourself nuts over if you thought about it too much

I'm confused now. Will OTG cable work with .900 firmware and 4.1.14 app, or I must downgrade?

So everyone says to back to 4.15 very to get off cable to work, and but what features do I loose reverting to this version from the current DJI Go version?

Honestly, i haven't noticed ANY loss of features and if something is missing i must not have been using it before.

I can't stress how the satisfaction of operating this quad has increased since the OTG. No lag, no image loss, better camera shutter response.Yesterday i hit 6142ft distance and i didn't get image lag until i got to 5800 or so ft. Impossible. Under better conditions (less trees and a bit more altitude) i might go farther.

Honestly, i haven't noticed ANY loss of features and if something is missing i must not have been using it before.

I can't stress how the satisfaction of operating this quad has increased since the OTG. No lag, no image loss, better camera shutter response.Yesterday i hit 6142ft distance and i didn't get image lag until i got to 5800 or so ft. Impossible. Under better conditions (less trees and a bit more altitude) i might go farther.

I'd love to have that! So what device are you using? And is the firmware downgrade for the Spark itself, or the Controller, or what??

Reactions: Dizz
I'd love to have that! So what device are you using? And is the firmware downgrade for the Spark itself, or the Controller, or what??

I'm using a Lenovo Tab 4 Plus 8" tablet. The firmware on the controller and batteries and quad are not downgraded. You can continue updating them. All i did was go to an older version of DJI Go 4 app.

The link to download the app is on another thread on this forum about the OTG. I forgot who posted it. But you go to that site and download version 4.1.15 which is on an Apk. file.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers