Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG has transformed my Spark Experience....

Slightly off topic but having flown today for the first time with the Iphone 6 the IOS version of the DJI app seems so much better than the Android version.
My Note 8 was way above the specs of the Iphone 6 but the Iphone 6 worked a lot better.
I kept getting a error with the Note 8 the other week, something like "weak transmission signal" and the Spark was only a few 10s of metres away, today I went out to about 100 metres with the Iphone 6 and all was perfect, the video feed didn't get even slightly "choppy" like it did with the Note 8 and it is useful to be able to use Wifi and mobile data at the same time.

For anyone who recently bought a new phone that charges with usb-c (note 8, s8, etc) It came with a small white adapter for helping transfer data from your older mirco USB phone. This works perfectly.

61LL8IUlZFL._SL1500_.jpg

For anyone who recently bought a new phone that charges with usb-c (note 8, s8, etc) It came with a small white adapter for helping transfer data from your older mirco USB phone. This works perfectly.

61LL8IUlZFL._SL1500_.jpg
I got one those that go from USB c to USB a but my phone thinks it's supposed to charge the controller. So my phone battery dies extremely quick.

I know it's not officially supported but OTG connection has transformed my Spark experience. Got the Fly More Combo, and my first couple of flights were a complete mess with horrendous video lag and frequent disconnects (I use a Sony Xperia Z for it but was same with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge). Tried the OTG solution and it has been night and day for me. Burned through 2 Batteries and recharged and did the same and NOT A SINGLE DISCONNECT AND ZERO VIDEO LAG. Seems to me DJI should support this as it solved the only issue for me.....

View attachment 1766

If it helps any, there is a proper DJI cable designed for the MAVIC which has the correct shaped plug and does not require an adapter. Check amazon for Mavic cable.

If it helps any, there is a proper DJI cable designed for the MAVIC which has the correct shaped plug and does not require an adapter. Check amazon for Mavic cable.

Good idea, but it won't work as the Mavic cable is not an OTG cable.

I tried using the dongle that came with my S8+ and it almost bricked my phone. However, I think that was because I had it plugged into the phone, not the controller. I picked up a cheap OTG adapter at a local electronics store last weekend that I will try out. Just have to wait for my Spark to get back from DJI repair. (gimbal screws fell out)

Yes picked up something similar but shorter cable on Ebay also.
View attachment 1903
Also Picked up the OTG locally via Ebay (Australia)
View attachment 1904

Note the design of the one I got - it's one single cable so it's actually shorter. :)

I will say this: Be careful about stressing the micro port on the remote. To much wiggle and it's 86'd. Had to send mine in. I may be flying via WI-FI after this. LOL. Easy come, easy go.

Note the design of the one I got - it's one single cable so it's actually shorter. :)

I will say this: Be careful about stressing the micro port on the remote. To much wiggle and it's 86'd. Had to send mine in. I may be flying via WI-FI after this. LOL. Easy come, easy go.

lol that sucks. Mine are in the post so we will see how goes with the combination of the 2. There should be enough play room there not to put strain on the plug. Using an Ipad mini with a bracket, but also have Android Note 5/S8 option.

Badly,even without the case on the phone is very tall to fit in between the arms of the controller and would literally just about fit.

I had a bit of a heart stopping moment yesterday, had my Galaxy Note4 only half in the holder due to the home button being inaccessible if I jam it in there. Anyway, Had my Spark at about 150ft up and 200m away and the phone fell out of the holder and detached from the OTG cable! Picked up the phone, app had closed, lost sight of the Spark... Pressed the RTH button and waited.... Waited.... Waited... Oh dear, panic setting in... Then I heard the familiar buzz and it came back, phew!

A scary moment indeed.
I have just taken delivery of my Mavmount ipad bracket from the US. It has a lanyard attachment to avoid what happened in your post. Its a quality build being a lightweight alloy and the ball joint is really great with no 'sag' with the iPad weight at all.Mavmount 1.jpeg Mavmount 2.jpeg

A scary moment indeed.
I have just taken delivery of my Mavmount ipad bracket from the US. It has a lanyard attachment to avoid what happened in your post. Its a quality build being a lightweight alloy and the ball joint is really great with no 'sag' with the iPad weight at all.View attachment 2051 View attachment 2052
Looks fantastic! I think I might invest in one too, even just for my Note4.
Cheers!

Looks fantastic! I think I might invest in one too, even just for my Note4.
Cheers!
Use the code "flytpath" in the coupon code section of their website for a discount. I follow Flytpath on youtube and they do some good drone tutorials. (Mavmount.com)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme