Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Photo help needed

Skin

Join
Jun 7, 2019
Hi guys have recently purchased a used spark. It flys great but the photos and video seem to have pixels or tiny grid lines. This is on both my mobile device and the sd card. Tried new card and have formatted both.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Skin

Attachments

• FAD780C7-4C0C-4FC9-B0C5-25998720989A.jpeg
    FAD780C7-4C0C-4FC9-B0C5-25998720989A.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 74
Reactions: Andre Levite
Hi guys have recently purchased a used spark. It flys great but the photos and video seem to have pixels or tiny grid lines. This is on both my mobile device and the sd card. Tried new card and have formatted both.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Skin

Sorry to say but that looks and sounds like a hardware problem with the camera itself. The uniform geometric pattern of the grid lines suggests internal electrical interference.

I suspect this because:
Used Spark
Present from initial flight
Present on both video and photo
Present on every image
Present on both cache and SD card

For your sake I hope somebody proves me wrong with a user fix -- but I'm afraid that needs a professional to service the camera.

The sad truth is that many used drones are for sale because the seller knows it's damaged and doesn't want to pay for the repair.

I wish you good luck!

Reactions: sparkflyJEF
Sorry to say but that looks and sounds like a hardware problem with the camera itself. The uniform geometric pattern of the grid lines suggests internal electrical interference.

I suspect this because:
Used Spark
Present on every image

For your sake I hope somebody proves me wrong with a user fix -- but I'm afraid that needs a professional to service the camera.

The sad truth is that many used drones are for sale because the seller knows it's damaged and doesn't want to pay for the repair.

I wish you good luck!
Thanks for your reply Andre, not the news I wanted to hear but was kind of expecting, might have to send in to be looked at.
Cheers
Skin

I suspect this because:
Used Spark
Present on every image

I wish you good luck!

saw the photo attachment & agree there might be an issue with the camera itself

tiny grid lines
As described in this video

A good guess is:
The image sensor pixel array needs to be read in a systematic way, converting and amplifying analog charges to digital, row by row. The pattern of lines seems to suggest a loose or dysfunctional electrical process in the reading of groups of pixel rows into digital output frames seen in both stills and video.

Last edited:
As described in this video

An good guess is:
The image sensor pixel array needs to be read in a systematic way, converting and amplifying analog charges to digital, row by row. The pattern of lines seems to suggest a loose or dysfunctional electrical process in the reading of groups of pixel rows into digital output frames seen in both stills and video.

Yep.

aka “faulty sensor”

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex