Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

SOLICITATION OF FUNDS: To Help Keep a Spark Pilot Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

theDRONEranger

Join
Jul 24, 2019
Dear Fellow SPARK Pilots,

A Forum Member (know to myself and moderators) has fallen in pretty bad hard times. He is considering giving up his SPARK to the ghost. I proposed a last-ditch effort to keep him in the game! He has agreed, and The Forum administration has graciously agreed, to this venture as well.

I would like to be able to buy him a new SPARK Remote Controller. Therefore, I wish to solicit our fellow Spark owners to agree to a donation of US$ from US members only please. The maximum donation from any one person shall be topped at $20. I shall also be the first to commit. I hereby pledge $20. I further respectfully request a minimum of a $10, and maximum of $20, donation to help keep your fellow SPARK owner in the game. The absolute cap for donation total shall be established at $180. This should be sufficient to purchase a new Remote Controller and associated cable to his phone. If the cost goes beyond the $180, I hereby agree to finish the balance needed over the $180 at my expense. Members are encouraged to message me on the forum at theDRONEranger for any questions. DO NOT SEND any funds until the tally hits the goal! This is to protect you and others from donating funds that would not be spent. This also means that if the $180 goal falls short, no funds will be collected and Forum Member will most likely give up his SPARK. You will be advised of the goal completion; at which time I would respectfully request you to send the funds. You may donate by CASH, CHECK, or MONEY ORDER. I shall also be happy to keep a running tally of the donations posted on this thread. If you commit to the pledge, please follow through.

If, by chance, someone has a slightly used SPARK Remote Controller they are will to part with, then funds may be directed to that purchase, instead of a new purchase.

Most Respectfully to All Members of the SPARK Forum

Jeffrey Wagner
Aka: theDRONEranger

Reactions: RotorWash
GOAL: $180
COMMITMENT: $20
REMAINING NEEDED: $160

PLEASE HELP!
The idea is nice, generous. But, respectfully, I do not think it belongs on this forum. It has the look and feel of a scam, even if it isn’t. Personally, I suggest that you just buy your friend the item. Or ask a local group who know each other to contribute.

Thank you for your input. Scam is precisely why I will NOT accept any funds prior to reaching the established goal. If you noticed, I also am willing to direct funds to a used remote for this person. My sole purpose is to assist a fellow forum member to remain in the flying arena! If we cannot obtain the funds, then quite possibly a Spark will be up for sell. So, if a used one should appear on the forum then perhaps the requested funds could be directed to another member instead of me as payment. If I put you in contact with the individual, would you be willing to buy a controller for him? I do not have the extra $$ to do so, so I am attempting the next best idea! Please reconsider a donation.
R,
Jeffrey

Reactions: Mrmund
Hey Jeff. Don't know the situation but if my donation can help a little than I'm in. Count on me for a ten dollar ($10) donation.
When the time comes just send me an address to send it to.
Regards,
Joe

GOAL: $180
COMMITMENT: $30
REMAINING NEEDED: $150

Thank You, Joe
PS, I too am a member of the AMA (for the insurance)

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I appreciate the offer! I have absolutely no idea how that works. I just did not want to hassle with international exchange rates.
Do you have a PayPal account that can receive? If so, all of that becomes automatic. I have one for my own forum, and I get payments from all over the world, they just convert for me. (and take their little fee)

Are you the same guy who sees his drone 2 miles away

Are you the same guy who sees his drone 2 miles away
If my drone gets to one quarter mile distance, I become concerned. If my drone were to be one half mile away, I would poised with finger on the RTH. I have both the MA and the Spark. I am very careful as I just really cant afford to replace either one With what I have invested in them! TBH, I really do not understand some claim to be able to see their birds beyond 1/2 mile let alone 1 mile or more! Even with strobes attached, it becomes difficult to maintain visual tracking for me at 1/2 mile.

Do you have a PayPal account that can receive? If so, all of that becomes automatic. I have one for my own forum, and I get payments from all over the world, they just convert for me. (and take their little fee)
That is a good thought, but as I am trying to help another, I will not venture in that area. I do thank you so very much for your offer. You are more than gracious to offer that, but I will try to stay within the US for this. I have never met the Forum Member I am trying to help. I live in Colorado and he is from Wisconsin. Our paths have never crossed. I am honestly trying to keep another Spark pilot alive. He has one bird, one battery, one phone! He claims to have purchased all 2nd hand, but has no controller. If this works, it works! If not, he most likely will call it quits! Just trying to help!
rR
Jeffrey

That is a good thought, but as I am trying to help another, I will not venture in that area. I do thank you so very much for your offer. You are more than gracious to offer that, but I will try to stay within the US for this. I have never met the Forum Member I am trying to help. I live in Colorado and he is from Wisconsin. Our paths have never crossed. I am honestly trying to keep another Spark pilot alive. He has one bird, one battery, one phone! He claims to have purchased all 2nd hand, but has no controller. If this works, it works! If not, he most likely will call it quits! Just trying to help!
rR
Jeffrey
Well, good of you to try, no worries here. Best of luck to you both.

Bumping this back to the top. Come on guys don’t miss this opportunity to do something nice for a total stranger, put a smile on their face and make your self feel good that you were part of it all for the low price of $10 USD. That’s one pack of cigarettes, one lunch carry out or two gallons of gasoline if you live in California. ? Seriously, it’s not a lot of money and if there is such a thing as karma —— who knows what might come back to you some day.

Reactions: RotorWash
ok this makes me alittle mad soliciting members for money.. to fly a drone...

only way id help out is if the money went to food and rent power and or something like that.. you wanna fly then you get a job save up etc.... also you shoulnd be asking strangers for money anyway.. get a job.. apply for food stamps.. etc.. dont give to this person people.. im sorry im a dick but why should you have to pay so some dude can get a drone..

Reactions: werewolfk501
I'm
ok this makes me alittle mad soliciting members for money.. to fly a drone...

only way id help out is if the money went to food and rent power and or something like that.. you wanna fly then you get a job save up etc.... also you shoulnd be asking strangers for money anyway.. get a job.. apply for food stamps.. etc.. dont give to this person people.. im sorry im a dick but why should you have to pay so some dude can get a drone..
I'm sorry your a Dick also, If you don't want to donate, don't

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme