Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark to Mavic Air!

Really doubt they announce a new drone anytime soon after the air. Wouldn't make sense from an interest standpoint.
That could be true if we assume the majority of Mavic Pro owners sold their Mavic Pros to get a Mavic Air (which would be a downgrade for some of the features). Based on the many related threads over in the Mavic Pilots forum, many Mavic Pro owners are saying they are waiting for the Mavic Pro 2 to be released.

OsitaLV has been right on the money for the consumer products DJI has been releasing over at least the past year. So, I'll be pretty shocked if we don't see another Mavic sometime soon.

Me to I bought the Spark in January. I bought it because of it's sze. I am still waiting to fly it outdoors. Still very cold in Montreal.
I am so sad that I did not wait. I could have buy the Mavrik air. But I will fly my SPARK this summer. I am thinking to use it as an addition to my portrait and fashion photography. So the limit on range will not be a huge issue for me. We have restrictions in Canada. You can't fly a drone over 90 meters high.
I will practice with my spark. And wait. By the time I might want to upgrade there will be something even better.
I live in Montreal too. Don't worry about the cold, the spark handle it pretty well. I think it was like -25C/-30C for my first flight, my fingers gave up before the spark [emoji23]. Just keep the batteries warm until the last minute.

Love how fellow DJI owners are fighting like school children over “My model is better than yours. I’m really smart for the decision I made.” Blah blah blah. Get over yourselves. You are not influencing anybody. People have there own reasons to get a particular model. Let them be. Just be happy we are living in a time where we can actually obtain these amazing pieces of technology.

Yeah that type of attitude cracks me up. As I've stated in many different threads, while there is overlap between the DJI drones, they all serve a slightly different purpose. DJI is trying to produce a drone that will fit one's lifestyle.

I bought the Mavic Air and I think it has its purpose and place. I kinda collect drones... :) I don't think its "better", just different.

I still say to this day, if I were to buy one drone it would still be the Mavic Pro....

Love how fellow DJI owners are fighting like school children over “My model is better than yours. I’m really smart for the decision I made.” Blah blah blah. Get over yourselves. You are not influencing anybody. People have there own reasons to get a particular model. Let them be. Just be happy we are living in a time where we can actually obtain these amazing pieces of technology.

I know the feeling. My Air is on the way and my Spark is on eBay. Spark is a great little drone but the Air really is the best of all worlds with the portability, extra camera quality and - most importantly for me - the 3-axis gimbal. If the Spark was 3-axis I'd have probably resisted the temptation but I've had too many shots ruined by yaw shake in the Spark.
Same for me, 3 axis gimbal is the key feature since it's the only flaw in Spark design !

Reactions: Splaterspark

Spot on. I’ve seen crap videos from Mavic Pro owners, and Amazing videos from Spark owners, and the other way around too. It’s the user that makes the good content more than the drone.

Reactions: Ryk2506

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe