Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sunset Drama

Beautiful! Is that close to what the sky actually looked like?

Beautiful! Is that close to what the sky actually looked like?
Thanks! The colors were not as deep or rich with a little over exposure on auto. No post processing just adjustment on shutter speed and ISO to intensify the image. It did end up a little flat in the middle and could have used a little more detail.

A bit over-saturated and under-exposed, but a great starting point. Keep it up, and you’ll quickly learn how to capture great scenery.

A bit over-saturated and under-exposed, but a great starting point. Keep it up, and you’ll quickly learn how to capture great scenery.

Agree. That was somewhat intentional to have the red pop, but I would have liked more detail and range in the image. I wonder if shooting in a raw format would allow for better post processing of the image to find the right balance.

Thanks for the feedback!

Agree. That was somewhat intentional to have the red pop, but I would have liked more detail and range in the image. I wonder if shooting in a raw format would allow for better post processing of the image to find the right balance.

Thanks for the feedback!
The Spark can’t shoot RAW. One of its many limitations.

Reactions: Onelight74
I’d suggest purchasing Lightroom. It’s well worth the $9.99 a month to edit and improve your photos. I use it for my professional work for my clients, and couldn’t be happier. Just a thought....

I’d suggest purchasing Lightroom. It’s well worth the $9.99 a month to edit and improve your photos. I use it for my professional work for my clients, and couldn’t be happier. Just a thought....

Thanks for the tip!

I do have some Adobe photoshop packages on the laptop. The image was hastily edited on the iPhone with little to no manipulation. I do a fair amount of editing on the fly..... given time I would love to invest more time in editing.

Will check out Lightroom!

Reactions: RPL
With some processing of the original images, considering feedback, I think this is more balanced image maintaining enough of the drama but dialing up the detail a little. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

A8DCCA17-239A-4927-B264-EA92C1C9D4CB.jpeg

Reactions: RPL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast