Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Travelling with Drone Spark in Vietnam

Join
Aug 10, 2017
I heard stories of confiscated drones when you go to Vietnam and long expensive processes to gain permission so I was hesitant to take the Phantom and purchased a Spark in the hope it would go thru fairly undetected.

Stripped it down to just the unit in the little hard case they give you which fitted into my "man bag" with a gopro and a X100T, 3x batteries (in safe pouches), props, remote and charger in my main carry on. Thought being if it goes and I cant get it back on return I don't lose everything.

Flew into Hanoi, no issues at customs. Did not fly in Hanoi for obvious safety reasons. large populous city and a cop/millitary on every corner.

All good out to Halong Bay but weather limited any flight time :( Next was a internal flight to DaNang Airport (notorious for confiscations) with Vietnam Airlines. No customs to get thru as it was a domestic flight. Sweet.

Little flying around Hoi An but apparently there was a typhoon north of us which made the weather a little crazy. Flight (again domestic) into Ho Chi Minh. Customs check but no issues. Again, no flying in HCM City.

Did a compass and IMU calibration when in a different part but didn't update the NFZ database for the area the dji app asked me to.

Home now so pleased I still have it. Just some of my experiences for those wanting to fly there.

Reactions: Mainiad
Thanks for sharing also a positive story. Good to hear.

LOL As is always the case when you get back from a holiday, back to the grind and struggling to find any time to go thru the shots. Although here's a vid. :)
Nice video bro...I was there in Halong Bay last year but did not bring my Phantom 3 Advance due to its bulk. I'll try to bring my Mavic Pro & Spark next time we go back....:)

Reactions: SilvertonePhoto
Nice

I loved travelling to Vietnam. Very beautiful country, except for the atrocious air pollution. Hanoi was a cloud of smog. That said, made for some very cool pictures.

Stunning!

Really nice clip, lucky that you dont have any trouble, right now in Vietnam you must have permission certificate to fly any flycam, if police catched you fly without permission , they will take your drone or pay for fine. Hihi but in Vietnam just give them few dollars everything fine.

Anyway awesome clip, i fly without permission too, :)

very nice video and very helpful too, planning a similar trip for December....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast