Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 updated to 4.2.8 on iOS

Dean Levi

Join
Mar 1, 2018
Loc
Johannesburg, South Africa
DJI GO 4 updated to 4.2.8 on iOS.

From the change log not much has been updated, some general bug fixes and better notifications,
but there might be under the cover updates.

Has anyone been brave enough to try it with their Spark yet?

Hello,
I have purchased my first drone on 15.03.2018 , the Spark and all updates went through out the setup and initialization, so its everything on the latest firmware/software. He fly very nice and no issues. I am beginner and didn't go too far away around 50 m in height and 50m of distance. So from my point everything is smooth, no gliches, Etc. Wi Fi connection, 2.4ghz, Thats what i know. I leave in Eastern Europe.

Reactions: JoostGT3

From the change log not much has been updated, some general bug fixes and better notifications,

Does DJI GO 4 automatically update, or do we uninstall and reinstall from the app store?

Is the 4.2.8 upgrade available for Android ?

Does DJI GO 4 automatically update
It depends on how your mobile device is setup.

do we uninstall and reinstall from the app store?
If manually upgrading to the new version of DJI GO from the app store, you do not have to uninstall the current version of DJI GO before installing the new version.

Is the 4.2.8 upgrade available for Android ?
4.2.6 is the current Android version of DJI GO. It was released on March 21st.

It depends on how your mobile device is setup.

If manually upgrading to the new version of DJI GO from the app store, you do not have to uninstall the current version of DJI GO before installing the new version.

IOS newbie here.

Is there an easier way to see the version number of DJI Go installed on an iOS device? I have found it by navigating to the camera view – settings – about.

How do I set iOS to automatically update apps?

How would I manually update this app? When I go on to the App Store, it doesn't seem to offer anything about upgrade – just Open. I am using 4.2.6. The current version listed in the App Store is 4.2.8.

Thanks,
Barry.

Last edited:
Is there an easier way to see the version number of DJI Go installed on an iOS device? I have found it by navigating to the camera view – settings – about.
That's the quickest way to find the version. You can also open the iOS Settings, go to General --> iPhone/iPad Storage, scroll down through the apps at the bottom to locate DJI GO, and tap it to find the version information.

You can find instructions here.

When I go on to the App Store, it doesn't seem to offer anything about upgrade – just Open.
Tap "Updates" at the bottom of the App Store. Then, tap (and hold) anywhere on the screen, drag your finger downward, and release your finger. That will make the App Store check for updates for all currently installed apps. If any updates are available, you can either tap "Update All" to install all available app updates or just tap "Update" next to the apps you'd like to update.

IOS newbie here.

How would I manually update this app? When I go on to the App Store, it doesn't seem to offer anything about upgrade – just Open. I am using 4.2.6. The current version listed in the App Store is 4.2.8.

Thanks,
Barry.
Select DJI, Select “Me” in lower right corner, then select “Settings” in upper right corner. Version is in bottom middle of screen

What's going on absolutely nothing is been mentioned about this new 4.2.8 update no one has uploaded the apk anywhere yet on apk site. Is everyone hibernating or something? [emoji23][emoji23]

Does DJI GO 4 automatically update, or do we uninstall and reinstall from the app store?

Just fire up DJI Go4 and wait a moment and then it will tell you that it is updating.

I checked my version and then went to the App Store and refreshed and there it was along with some other updates.

What's going on absolutely nothing is been mentioned about this new 4.2.8 update no one has uploaded the apk anywhere yet on apk site. Is everyone hibernating or something?
I'm only seeing 4.2.6 in the Spark downloads section.

I've been running the newest version 4.2.8 on iOS for the last few days. Even used an OTG cable. I haven't noticed any difference. I read the upgrade notes and it looks like it was mainly for minor updates to the Mavic Air.

Reactions: tgenty and Rafa7
I've been running the newest version 4.2.8 on iOS for the last few days. Even used an OTG cable. I haven't noticed any difference. I read the upgrade notes and it looks like it was mainly for minor updates to the Mavic Air.

I also did a manual update to 4.2.8 from the Apple App Store a few days ago (see manual update instructions earlier in this thread).

The update notes only mentioned a few new things for the Mavic Air.

Barry.

Reactions: Rafa7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme