Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi vs. Autopilot vs. Go 4?

I am over near Rochester... you can fly all winter. Some great footage to be had.

I'll be back in Lockport the end of the first week of December. Let's connect then. One place I'd like to fly is 30 Mile Point Light at Golden Hill State Park, near Somerset. I'll need to check state park restrictions. But 30 Mile Point Light is about 1/2 way between Rochester and Lockport, and should provide some good drone photo opportunities.

NY State law forbids flying in state parks without a permit, and I am reading that it might not be possible to get a permit. I'll try to see if it is possible for Golden Hill State Park. In December, this is unlikely to be a heavily populated park. There are phone numbers at this link, but it is now (with DST over) 13-hours later, so I'll have to plan to call at night my time. Link to park: Golden Hill State Park

I'm reading the regulation document at this link now: https://parks.ny.gov/inside-our-age...aftSystemsDronesModelAirplanesQuadCopters.pdf

I'll also want to call these people:
TIGER PAW AERODROME requires airport & ATC notification
+1 585 737 9435

Last edited:
You would be correct. Most all states do not allow 'aircraft' to take off or land within the park boundaries. So all NYS parks are out unless you fly in from a non park land location which is usually not feasible. There are areas that are not parks that would work. The lighthouse might be doable from non park property.

You would be correct. Most all states do not allow 'aircraft' to take off or land within the park boundaries. So all NYS parks are out unless you fly in from a non park land location which is usually not feasible. There are areas that are not parks that would work. The lighthouse might be doable from non park property.
I'm going to apply for a permit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy